No announcement yet.

Mark Williams: Can He Stay In The 16?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is an incredible frustration when watching him. I'm a big fan of his, he's my favourite player. Yet everytime he gets in, I sit there thinking (and knowing) that he will mess up somewhere. He has this inability at the moment to win a frame in one visit (at the moment it seems to be taking him 3/4), and it is causing him to lose matches.

Comment

Originally Posted by Blagonadezdins
      That is an incredible frustration when watching him. I'm a big fan of his, he's my favourite player. Yet everytime he gets in, I sit there thinking (and knowing) that he will mess up somewhere. He has this inability at the moment to win a frame in one visit (at the moment it seems to be taking him 3/4), and it is causing him to lose matches.
      I have exactly the same feelings. You can sit and watch him, just knowing somewhere in the break, he is going to fail, but what get's me, is when he does miss, he wanders off back to the corner showing not a care in the world. Maybe that's how he is, very laid back, but being a huge, huge fan of his, it is very frustrating

Comment

For an absolute certainty, Mark cares much more than many realise.

Comment

Originally Posted by Gimme Danger
          I have exactly the same feelings. You can sit and watch him, just knowing somewhere in the break, he is going to fail, but what get's me, is when he does miss, he wanders off back to the corner showing not a care in the world. Maybe that's how he is, very laid back, but being a huge, huge fan of his, it is very frustrating
          that laid back attitude is a very big plus by the way - he knows how to keep his cool under pressure as he has proved many times. it is also the reason he will be back in the top flight soon enough.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147
            that laid back attitude is a very big plus by the way - he knows how to keep his cool under pressure as he has proved many times. it is also the reason he will be back in the top flight soon enough.
            Oh yeah, I agree with your point. Allowing yourself to get worked up over a miss or a poor position can often lose you the frame or game itself.

Comment

Being Mark's fan i would love to see him back in top 16 at the end of the season cause this is where he belongs . I know he's very much capable of this , but lately his lacks consistency , the 'last' good match he made in a long time imo was the quarterfinal ag. Ronnie in 2006 Worlds. Since then he's been going down in the rankings , didnt manage to get through the first round of the events which is a really shame. But i really trust Marks abilities to get back up there where the elite is so i will vote for his staying in top 16 at the end of the season , tho atm it seems very unlikely to happen. MOn Mark!
              "I just want to live for the moment.Tomorrow's not important, next month is not important,what's happened in the past is not important.That's my journey... and I like the journey i'm on!" R.O'Sullivan
              Winner of 2008 UK Championship Prediction Contest
              Winner of 2010 China Open Prediction Contest

Comment

I don't think Mark is putting in the work necessary to become a top 16 player again. I watched him play the Pot Black match and he just seemed to not give a damn. He looked totally crushed as a player without any motivation whatsoever. It's like he's accepted losing as a default result.

If he finds motivation again though, and goes back to practicing 6 hours a day, he'll be in the top 16 again in no time. He clearly is one of the best ever when his game is up and one of the best single ball potters in the history of snooker.
                "I'll be back next year." --Jimmy White

Comment

No, not this year unless a miracle occurs. It's not a question of talent or ability. It's just that Mark does not seem interested, looks beaten before he starts playing, is not contending ... déjà vu? Yes symptoms of depression ...
                  Only that he doesn't seem to be fighting it. Hope I'm wrong.
                  Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
                  http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

Working...
                  X