Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• safety play

hey everyone,

what sort of routines do you lot use to increase ur breakbuilding and mainly positional play? about a year and a half ago i was getting 100+ breaks, but i stopped playing (mainly cos i cant find anyone decent to play in the basingstoke area). but iv started playing again recently but i seem to become unstuck around the 50-60 mark. Nerves seem to play a part, confidence aswell, and i think that affects my confindence that im playing the correct positional shot.. any ideas on how i can correct this problem?

thanks in advance

I think the obvious spring to mind for a mere amateur like myself. Lineups and clearing the colours on the spots to eliminate any doubt in the mind that after making a good break you wont ruin it all when it gets to the colours. Other than that, I would just say keep practicing and get that confidence/cue arm flowing again.

Cheers
    You have to be 100% behind someone before you can stab them in the back.

Comment

cheers dave, i play the lineup a fair bit, and consistently hit 50+, but as soon as i get to the club i scatter the balls with all the colours on the spots and just grind through.... should i warm up first? should i vary my practice methods? ideas welcome

Comment

I think varied methods make the game more interesting and less monotonous, as it would with any game. Play with a partner more, sounds like your not, that way youre being presented with a new challenge by someone else, rather than one of your own.
        You have to be 100% behind someone before you can stab them in the back.

Comment

Hi
          I have what i think is a great routine and when played on tight pocket tables gives you great confidence in matches. Firstly place the colours on their spots. then place a red on the cushion directly beneath the black, one in between the pink and black and one last red about 18 inches away from either black pocket! Place the cueball in the "D" starting with a stun on that red to make a 51 clearance!!! it sharpens up most areas of your game. long pots, cushions, stuns and the clearing of the colours. See how many times you manage 51 without missing GOOD LUCK!
          Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
          https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Working...
          X