Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most bounces??

OK Random question for you chaps/chapettes : -

Whats the highest count of top and baulk cusions you can hit ,striking the white ball up and down the table, i.e from the break position....before physics kicks in?

anyone do more than 5?

Technically, physics kick in the moment you hit the white ball, so the answer, technically is zero.
    "I'll be back next year." --Jimmy White

Comment

ok.. before the laws of momentum stop it rolling..

Comment

I've managed 6 on a very quick table in my club. The bottom cushion does bounce a bit and if hit in the right area its possible to get 6, possibly 7 if its really warm.

Comment

I'm not sure what a modern table will do, but I have several references to 8 lengths being possible on the fastest post-war tables. I've not heard of more than this being made, and it probably wouldn't be desirable to make tables which played any faster.

But if you think only modern tables can do this, I'd refer you to an advert by Bennett and Co. who claimed that their "indiarubber cushions are the fastest ever played on, a ball moderately struck runs seven lengths of the table without jumping." This was in 1865!

Comment

8 lengths..wow, though guess as you say its dependant on the cloth and cushions, as well as brute force from the cueist!

indianrubber cushions - sounds like they turn snooker tables into pinball machines..that could be fun lol.

Comment

Working...
            X