Provisional/World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Provisional/World

Can someone please explain the difference between provisional and world rankings? Thanks.
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Provision rankings are just ranking for 1 year. The World (and official) rankings are for 2 years.

Comment

Ah! Thank you, Harmy.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

I don't think that's quite it. Provisional rankings are based on the entire previous season plus the current season so far. Just after the world championship the provisional rankings become the official rankings for the next season (give or take people entering/leaving the tour).

Comment

Originally Posted by Robert602 View Post
          I don't think that's quite it. Provisional rankings are based on the entire previous season plus the current season so far. Just after the world championship the provisional rankings become the official rankings for the next season (give or take people entering/leaving the tour).
          ^ Yeah exactly, it's getting towards the end of the year and so the current provisional ranking will be the official ones.

Comment

Harmy, you are wrong again. :-)

The official rankings are the points over the last two seasons.

The provisional rankings are the points over last season + this unfinished season.

The provisional provisional rankings (no typo) are the points over just this season.
            "I'll be back next year." --Jimmy White

Comment

Good thing I have you guys to correct me too

Comment

Working...
              X