Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the tallest player on the circuit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello

i still think matthew stevens is quite tall because he is taller than ronnie o sullivan and stephen hendry.

Comment

• Some of the Shoot-out pics Monique has posted show players more or less in line - good for such comparisons.
      Winner of the 2009 UK Championship Lucky Dip
      Co-winner of Spike’s 2009 UK Championship number of centuries prediction contest

Comment

• I'm not sure if he's still a professional player, as I've been away from the game for years, but the tallest player I ever played against on the snooker circuit was a very nice guy called Nick Fruin from Liverpool.

I'm guessing Nick must have been close to 6ft 7 if not taller, and infact he was so tall, that his stance looked like a giraffe with bandy knees, but one of the best players around at the time, and was winning most of the pro-ams about 95-96. I think he became in the top 100 but lost touch so not sure.

Comment

• hi

mark williams looks like he is between 6'2-6'3 although its possible he could be as low as 6'1. he's clearly taller than stephen hendry matthew stevens and ronnie o sullivan.

Comment

• Ricky Waldon looks quite tall, has a strange stance aswell, anyone know his actual height?
            Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

• I believe the player reputed to be the tallest professional was the Aussie John Campbell who was over here in the 1980's. I think he was about 6' 6".

Comment

• Nice to see this thread still going strong. Welcome back steven, maybe you can answer the question about Ricky Walden? :wink:

Comment

• ricky walden is listed as 6'4.

Comment

• so ricky walden must be the tallest snooker player on the professional circuit at the moment.

Comment

• Originally Posted by steven View Post
                      so ricky walden must be the tallest snooker player on the professional circuit at the moment.
                      His stance is unusual, be interested to know whether he finds it hard to get flat on the table if he keeps line of aim leg straight?
                      Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

• The current tallest and shortest players on the main circuit played each other in the wildcard round at the 2008 Shanghai masters with 'Stamina Man' Ricky Walden winning by 5-0 and 13 inches over 'Mighty Mouse' Zhang Anda.

Comment

• snooker players heights

wow that is a massive difference there is also alot of difference between ken doherty and mark williams and between jimmy white and steve davis.

Comment

• snooker players heights

hi does anyone know how tall ronnie o sullivan and stephen hendry are.

Comment

• Ryan Day seems taller than Selby

Comment

• How tall was Tony Knowles he is still in the rankings

Originally Posted by janverhaas View Post
                                Does anyone know who the tallest, and indeed shortest, players are on the professional circuit?

Comment

Working...
                                X