Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the tallest player on the circuit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will tell you that having to use the rest a few more times is better than having to constantly bend over too much. Snooker is designed to be played by people who are not 1.95M!! I have often had a bad back caused by playing snooker and I don't play that much. It must be really difficult for guys of my height who are playing every day!

Comment

Maybe if we know how are tall the best players we can understand who is the best heigh for this game
      How are tall Hendry and ROS I think they are the same heigh and they are the best players in my opinion
      Winner of crucible 77's 2008 Jiangsu Classic Fantasy Snooker Game
      Winner of 2009 China Open Prediction Contest

Comment

they are both about 6 foot - shorter than me anyway.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

The shortest player in the past was probably Tony Meo

Of the current batch I would think Joe Jogia is one of the shortest along with Lee Walker.

Michael White is not very tall but he is still growing!!

Robin Hull strikes me as the tallest of the recent players and a new boy on tour, Mark Joyce is around 6 foot 3.

Obviously the tallest person connected to snooker these days is Del Hill at 6 foot 10 inches.

I tend to notice players' height, or lack of it, when doing photos, especially at a presentation or two players together, that's why I often get them to lean together over the table, as they're both the same height then!

(sorry can't do all these metric measures!!)
          Janie Watkins
          On Q Promotions / South West Snooker Academy
          All views are my own and in no way represent On Q or the Academy

Comment

Going back to John Campbell. He was so tall he had to adopt a very wide stance, where his feet were about 4 foot apart!

Comment

I think Campbell was approx. 6'5 but as he was so thin he looked about 6'8!

I would guess Janie knows these players more than us so I guess we have to go with Joyce!

Comment

I will consult my library later, for references to John's length.

Comment

i am reliably informed that Rory McLeod is likely to be the tallest player on the tour just now.

Comment

How tall is this referre from Netherlands who is very tall ? I dont know how is write his name .

Comment

jan verhass ? - he is pretty tall.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                        jan verhass ? - he is pretty tall.
                        Yes Jan ver Haas Players are like kids by him .

Comment

haha yes..jan verhaas is the tallest player on the circuit..no doubt!!there's no more taller than him..

Comment

Maybe this question is funny for some of you but I really dont know and wonder the length to cue is that connected with tall to player or all are with the equally sizes ?

Comment

there is a joke to be made there!

Comment

no this is not a joke

Comment

Working...
                                X