Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the tallest player on the circuit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i am pretty tall and usually use a longer cue at 59" it allows me to reach past the blue spot without using a rest so i imagine the same is true for a pro player.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Thank ADR
      Winner of crucible 77's 2008 Jiangsu Classic Fantasy Snooker Game
      Winner of 2009 China Open Prediction Contest

Comment

Yes Anastasia; I am the tallest man out there but people from The Netherlands are the tallest in the world on average.

Comment

You or your nickname
          I know that sweds and all scandinavs are the tallest in Europe in the world I dont know .

Comment

Niel Robertson must be pretty tall.
            http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/398/stickmenzl3.gif

I wish someday, I will witness a 155 break.

Comment

Anastasia, They are tall but they are not as pretty as you are!

Comment

Originally Posted by janverhaas View Post
                Anastasia, They are tall but they are not as pretty as you are!
                the swed womans are very pretty .
                Thank
                Last edited by Anastasia; 23 January 2008, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Lee Vilenski View Post
                  Niel Robertson must be pretty tall.
                  I'd say Ryan Day

Comment

I was hanging outside the stage door on Mon

Hoping to catch Steve Davis.

Unfortunately no Steve but about 10 pro's and I was supprised at how small the majority of the players are.

I allways thought that Selby was around 6' 1" or so but to my surprise he was around exactly the height of me I'm around 5' 11 1/2". Hendry who I thought was around the same height was surprisingly a couple of inches shorter than me so I would say about 5' 10" or possibly 5' 9". I usually find a good indiction of how tall they are by were there cue comes up to them. Hendry's cue I presume was the same length of my connoiseur at 58" and comes about 1" below hendry's shoulder.

Ronnie was exactly my height so about 6'.

Mark King was a little taller than me but didn't stand long enough next to him to measure but tall.

I say that 17 year old china lad and he was very small.

Steve Davis claims in matchroom snooker that he is 6' 1 and 1/2 and then in his book 6' 2" but having seen him play Stuart on Mon and the fact that his cue is 57" long and barely touches his armpit. I'm 6" and a 57" cue comes up 3" more than my armpit, so I would say that he is more like 6' 2 and 1/2 or 6' 3". One thing that surprised me as well is how thin he is, the TV definitely add pounds.

John Parrott is about 6' and 1/2" or 6' 1" no more.

I have seen Shaun Murphy next to me last year, and he is about Hendry's height possibly less.

I can assure you that this is the gospel truth. As I have a flawless way of checking my height. Then I can see if the player measures up to me and my shoulder when standing right next to him. In Hendry's case I could nearly see the hairs on the top of his head. My shoulder was a clear couple of inches above his.
                    Last edited by S Davis Fan; 26 April 2008, 07:43 PM.

Comment

How tall is Carter? On TV he looks quite small but then I saw him next to Jan Verhaas and he wasn´t that much smaller (or my vision was a bit unclear because I was surprised by the scoreline)
                      ALI FOR WORLD CHAMP 2012

Comment

former pros nick fruin and john campbell were over 6,5

Comment

Originally Posted by Kathrin View Post
                          How tall is Carter? On TV he looks quite small but then I saw him next to Jan Verhaas and he wasn´t that much smaller (or my vision was a bit unclear because I was surprised by the scoreline)
                          Carter is 5'7 and Jan Verhaas is 6'4 so that is 9 inches difference. Jamie Cope looks quite tall. Stuart Bingham is taller than he looks. I believe Rory Mcleod is the tallest player on the circuit. Heights can be deceiving as it depends on a players posture and what shoes they are wearing and some people have 'lifts' of course.

Comment

Originally Posted by frameandfortunereturns View Post
                            Carter is 5'7 and Jan Verhaas is 6'4 so that is 9 inches difference. Jamie Cope looks quite tall. Stuart Bingham is taller than he looks. I believe Rory Mcleod is the tallest player on the circuit. Heights can be deceiving as it depends on a players posture and what shoes they are wearing and some people have 'lifts' of course.
                            Thanks, maybe Jan Verhaas didn´t stand next to him but a bit behind, so I was a little confused about Ali´s height.
                            ALI FOR WORLD CHAMP 2012

Comment

hello everyone

hi for a start stephen hendry is taller than ronnie o sullivan. and mark williams is taller than both of them. and ryan day and neil robertson are both taller than mark williams. barefoot ronnie o sullivan is exactely 5'10''. and barefoot stephen hendry is exactely 5'11''. and barefoot mark williams must be exactely 6'1''. remember neil robertson and ryan day are both taller than mark williams.

Comment

Mark King is up there (quite literally.)
                                Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
                                Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Working...
                                X