Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the tallest player on the circuit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ronnie looks nearly 6ft. As for steve davis, he looks about 6 ft 1. Hendry looks about 6ft and Dott & Doherty look around 5 ft 9 - 5 ft 10 in my opinion.
    http://i50.tinypic.com/oi62rr.jpg
    "Ronnie is very special. He's a genius - snooker's equivalent of Mozart." Ebdon

http://u.youku.com/user_show/uid_snookerfan92

Comment

Here's a photo of Celebrity Pot Black. Davis does indeed look 6'2 compared to the 6'4 Vernon Kay, but Ronnie looks slightly taller than Bradley Walsh who is listed at Celebheights as being 5'9". I would say off that Ronnie is 5'10.
      Attached Files

Comment

I read somewhere many years ago that Steve Davis is 6'3", and looks as tall as John Parrott & Willie Thorne.
        "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Originally Posted by spike View Post
          I read somewhere many years ago that Steve Davis is 6'3", and looks as tall as John Parrott & Willie Thorne.
          John Parrott and Steve Davis look around the same height nowadays, but Willie looks slightly taller, but alot bigger.
          http://i50.tinypic.com/oi62rr.jpg
          "Ronnie is very special. He's a genius - snooker's equivalent of Mozart." Ebdon

http://u.youku.com/user_show/uid_snookerfan92

Comment

Just been looking at an old Pic from around 1987 of the Matchroom players. Davis & Thorne are standing next to each other & they look the same height going by the photo.
            Last edited by spike; 24 March 2009, 07:46 PM.

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

hello

apparently on the back of ronnie o sullivans autograph they say 5'11''. and i did email his website and i asked them how tall is he and they said 5'11''. i read that grame dott was 5'6'' and stephen hendry is definetely taller than ronnie o sullivan but shorter than 6'1'' mark king so barefoot i would say that hendry is exactely 6'0''. and dennis taylor once said that ken doherty was about 5'9''. and mark williams is defenitely taller than ronnie o sullivan stephen hendry paul hunter matthew stevens and shaun murphy and i think but im not positive on this that he is taller than peter ebdon and steve davis but he seems shorter than ryan day and neil robertson. barefoot i would say that mark williams is exactely 6'1''. and ryan day exactely 6'2'' and neil robertson 6'3''. stephen maguire is listed as 6'0 on his website and i have read that mark selby is also 6'0. matthew stevens is shorter than steve davis ryan day and neil robertson but i think he is taller than shaun murphy. i remember that dennis taylor once said that murphy and stevens were both tall lads he either said over 6'0 for them or well over 6'0 i cant exactely remember. but i would say that matthew stevens is no more than 6'0''. and i remember steve davis saying once that in his playing days he was 6'1.5 and that now he is 6'1''. so barefoot exactely 5'10'' for o sullivan and barefoot exactely 5'11'' for stephen hendry. whatever the difference stephen hendry is definetly a bit taller than o sullivan and hendry is definetely a bit shorter than peter ebdon. i belive ricky walden is 6'4'' and i read former player quentin haan is 6'3'' and apparently ricky walden has a slouching posture.

Comment

Doherty is not 5'1" LOL
                Cheers
                Steve

Comment

Originally Posted by Welshsteve View Post
                  Doherty is not 5'1" LOL
                  no he is not that short!
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Ken is definitely something like 5 feet 6 (that's my height and our eyes are level when facing each other). Ronnie is 5 feet 11 and doesn't shrink when barefoot .
                    It's actually very difficult to judge exactly how tall or not people are, especially from television. Mark Selby and Neil Robertson both look taller than they are because they are very slim and both have a relatively small head and a slender neck. Murphy is tall but does not give so much an impression until you stand just near to him. Ricky Walden is very tall but tends to stand a bit "stooped" most of the time. Same goes for Mark Williams to a lesser extend.
                    Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
                    http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

• That surprises me as i always thought Ken was 5"9'.

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• hello

but shaun murphy is shorter than stephen maguire who is billed as 6'0'' on his website. and he is also shorter than mark selby and john parrott. so he is probaley 5'10'' or 5'11''. and matthew stevens is shorter than steve davis john parrott ryan day neil robertson and mark williams so matthew cant be anymore than 6'0''. im not sure who is taller out of john higgins and ken doherty though but matthew stevens is taller than both of them. i dont know how tall peter ebdon is but he is alot taller than ali carter who is billed as 5'9'' on the bbc profile of him. and mark selby is billed as 6'0'' on the bbc profile of him. with regards to ronnie and stephen there heights seem to be very disputed although im pretty sure stephen is taller unless he wears elevator shoes. in the 1994 world final between stephen and jimmy white you hear a commentator say quite a tall lad is young stephen these days well over 6 foot. he must be mastaken mark king i read is 6'1'' and he is taller than stephen hendry. at the end of there match in bahrain matthew stevens and stephen hendry stand next to each other and matthew looked definetely taller than stephen hendry and remember mark williams is taller than both of them. and ronnie o sullivan is also shorter than matthew stevens. so stephen maguire 6'0 mark selby 6'0'' matthew stevens 6'0 or maybe slighty under stephen hendry 5'11'' ronnie o sullivan 5'10'' mark williams 6'0 or 6'1'' peter ebdon about 6'0 steve davis said he was 6'1.5 in his playing days and that now he is 6'1'' and steve is definetely taller than stephen hendry. and matthew stevens is shorter than both john parrott and steve davis and shaun murphy is also shorter than john parott and steve davis. cliff thorburn about 6'0 ray reardon about 6'1'' im not sure about the last 2 but ray reardon looked much taller than alex higgins who is 5'8'' according to himself. i would also say about 6'0 for john spencer who is sadly no longer with us. i dont know about paul hunter though although in the 2002 masters when he shook mark williams s hand at the begining of the match he looked exactely 2 inches shorter so i would say 5'10 if williams is 6'0 or 5'11'' if williams is 6'1'' and mark williams is definetely taller than ronnie o sullivan by about 2 or 3 inches. ronnie o sullivan was once interviwed by eamon holmes and apparentely he said that he is 5'10'' and apparently holmes was skeptical of that.

Comment

• Originally Posted by janverhaas View Post
                          Does anyone know who the tallest, and indeed shortest, players are on the professional circuit?
                          Notwithstanding steven's yeoman effort...

I believe this is to be a trick question...
                          Tallest = Tournament Winner
                          Shortest = Player would didn't make the cut

=o)

Noel

Comment

• I saw Peter Ebdon standing next to Graeme Dott once, and frankly, he looked like a child molestor, so I think he's easily 6'1". John Higgins looks like he's an inch or two shorter than Ronnie so maybe 5'8"/5'9". Reardon was a rozzer and you had to be at least 5'10" back in the day to get in. Paul Hunter always looked the exact same height as Ronnie, so about 5'10".

Comment

• hello

does anyone know how tall matthew stevens and mark williams are.

Comment

• Mark Williams is about 6'1'' or 6'2'' I guess?
                                Moje štěstí bylo vždycky v tom, že mě potkalo nějaké neštěstí. (c) Bohumil Hrabal
                                ( :snooker: )
                                P.S. My real name is Anastassia (;

Comment

Working...
                                X