Shaving...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaving...

I hate playing snooker after a clean shave, the bristles really end up rubbing against me when cueing through shots, it's just an annoyance but its enough to put me off sometimes. I make sure I don't shave for a couple of days before a match as by then it becomes smooth, but then I just look messy. It's the stubble and I see pro's in all forms of this and not seem to care.. maybe it's just me.

If you are 'clean shaven' and your stubble rubs against your cue, then you are obviously not clean shaven!

This is a topic particularly close to heart as I am fascinated by the whole shaving process and I've spent quite some time researching various shaving techniques.

I currently use a classic Double Edge Safety Razor, which is very, very nice to shave with, albeit it takes a bit of practice to get used to.
    "I'll be back next year." --Jimmy White

Comment

Originally Posted by kiely View Post
      I hate playing snooker after a clean shave, the bristles really end up rubbing against me when cueing through shots, it's just an annoyance but its enough to put me off sometimes. I make sure I don't shave for a couple of days before a match as by then it becomes smooth, but then I just look messy. It's the stubble and I see pro's in all forms of this and not seem to care.. maybe it's just me.
      I have the same problem.. It's pretty ennoying but lately i've been using another aftershave cream (biotherm) and now my skin is smooth like before but doesn't give any trouble when my chin is on the cue.

Comment

interesting.. never really though about it.. tbh i dont shave before i play snooker, its not like there will be plenty of women playing at the local haha.. I guess it could influence your cueing

Comment

Same here.
          It's really annoying when you're playing the same day you've shaved and your cue just stops on youe chin Maybe it's a question of razors or after shave lotion...
          I wonder how pro's get on with it - they seem to be almost always freshly and clean shaved...
          Maybe except Mark J. Williams

Comment

Do you all have jointed cues or one-piece? Mine is a one-piece and I don't have a problem with it, but if you have a proper half-and-half two-piece, I guess the cue could pull some of those little hairs out!

Comment

Originally Posted by The Statman View Post
              Do you all have jointed cues or one-piece? Mine is a one-piece and I don't have a problem with it, but if you have a proper half-and-half two-piece, I guess the cue could pull some of those little hairs out!
              3/4 2piece here..I don't have this problem anymore after trying another aftershave, so i suggest to OP that he tries the same.

Comment

You will see from my avatar that the great RR grew a beard during the 1982 World Championship. As he got down to break off in the opening frame of his match, he found it was rubbing on his cue, kinda putting him off, like. So forthwith he took it off!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
                  You will see from my avatar that the great RR grew a beard during the 1982 World Championship. As he got down to break off in the opening frame of his match, he found it was rubbing on his cue, kinda putting him off, like. So forthwith he took it off!!
                  Was he not doing a david bellamy or rolf harris impression during an exhibition?

Comment

Originally Posted by Marc View Post
                    Was he not doing a david bellamy or rolf harris impression during an exhibition?
                    Have a browse through this thread Marc. its quite funny.
                    http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ead.php?t=8401

Comment

the worst probblem i have when it comes to shaving is the fact that i couldnt grow a beard to save my life so i only have to shave every few days. the probblem with that is that if i dont shave, when im cueing up the fine hairs on my chin get cought in the grain of my cue usualy when i play a power shot, then the said hairs get ripped clean of my faceand that hurts abit to say the least. so i say have a shave and use some after shave balm surly thats gotta hurt less.
                      just do it :snooker:

Comment

did anybody see Graham Dott in yesterdays masters match against Stephen Lee with a large plaster under his chin?

Comment

Originally Posted by Bendy View Post
                          did anybody see Graham Dott in yesterdays masters match against Stephen Lee with a large plaster under his chin?
                          Doesn't he do that regularly? I have definitely seen it before.
                          Ein jedes Werkzeug ist ein Tand in eines tumben Toren Hand.

Comment

mmmmm, not sure, first time I've noticed it, but then again i do try to avoid his games

Wonder if he has the same problem or is just trying to cut down on friction....

Comment

Dave Harold also used to wear a plaster on his chin to prevent blistering.

Comment

Working...
                              X