hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi

Does anyone know the head-to-head record between Hendry & O'Sullivan?

O'Sullivan 16-8 Hendry
    Don't know how old is this record
    2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
    2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

Oh cant be truth
      Winner of crucible 77's 2008 Jiangsu Classic Fantasy Snooker Game
      Winner of 2009 China Open Prediction Contest

Comment

hi

I think we need statsman's help on this one.
        I am surprised to learn that Ronnie is domination against hendry though.

Comment

I try to find information for this but without success
          For me too will be interest to understand the present information about this question .

Comment

From allsnooker.info:

They played 27 official matches (including Premier League matches); Ronnie O'Sullivan won 16, Stephen Hendry won 10, they tied 1 time.

There is no mention of how many exhibition matches they played though

Edit: It's strange the statistics don't show O'Sullivan's win in the 1993 UK championship which should make it 17 wins for O'Sullivan!!? The stats also show the total number of frames played between the 2 players (178-155 in O'Sullivan's favor).
            Last edited by snooligan; 25 January 2008, 08:17 PM.

Comment

???

Originally Posted by snooligan View Post
              From allsnooker.info:

They played 27 official matches (including Premier League matches); Ronnie O'Sullivan won 16, Stephen Hendry won 10, they tied 1 time.

There is no mention of how many exhibition matches they played though

Edit: It's strange the statistics don't show O'Sullivan's win in the 1993 UK championship which should make it 17 wins for O'Sullivan!!? The stats also show the total number of frames played between the 2 players (178-155 in O'Sullivan's favor).
              Hendry is regarded as the greatest of all time by most pundits. If Ronnie has been dominating him head-to-head over a decade of competitive play, doesn't this make Ronnie the greatest of all time??

Comment

Originally Posted by matt01 View Post
                Hendry is regarded as the greatest of all time by most pundits. If Ronnie has been dominating him head-to-head over a decade of competitive play, doesn't this make Ronnie the greatest of all time??
                I think not ! This is a chance

Comment

??

Originally Posted by matt01 View Post
                  Makes perfect sence to me.

Comment

Well if Ronnie won Hendry that doesn't mean he's the best. Ronnie has 2 Wc wins, Stephen 7(and no chances to beat it), Ronnie has 19 tournaments wins, Stephen has 36! Stephen has 700+ centuries, Ronnie only 500. And Ronnie's wins over Stephen doesn't make him better than him
                    2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
                    2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

hi

Originally Posted by missneworleans View Post
                      Well if Ronnie won Hendry that doesn't mean he's the best. Ronnie has 2 Wc wins, Stephen 7(and no chances to beat it), Ronnie has 19 tournaments wins, Stephen has 36! Stephen has 700+ centuries, Ronnie only 500. And Ronnie's wins over Stephen doesn't make him better than him
                      Yes, Ronnie doesn't have the better record.Everyone knows that. However Ronnie is dominating against Hendry. Surely that mean Ronnie is the better player.

Comment

Everyone can have a own opinion . I'm agree lith missneworleans in this question.

Comment

I do not believe the comparison would be fair to either. Yes, Ronnie has a better head-to-head record but Hendry is past his best and I'm almost sure if they were both playing at their best, the ratio would have been different. What I'm sure of is the fact that they're both great players and a joy to watch anytime. It is also possible if they had both turned professional at the same point in time (Hendry turned pro in 1985 & O'Sullivan turned pro 7 years later) they would have both been on 700+ centuries with a very slim margin separating them. Ranking tournament wins in another story though as Hendry has/had a better head resting on his shoulders.

Comment

Working...
                          X