snooker lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snooker lighting

hi all new to the forum so hope you can help,i have just had my table fitted then i fitted the light myself the man told me about 30inch from the table so done that looks great apart from iam getting shadows of the balls ,as i havent beeen to a club in ages to see if this is common or is it just me ? its not that off putting tbh ,but the more i think there should be no shadows the more annoying its getting i have raised the light lowered the light but there still there ? any help also the light has light bulbs 2 on each end and 1 in the centre if this helps

Lol. Where you have light, you have shadows.

You can't defy the laws of physics.

All snooker tables have shadows on them. I try and use them to help my aiming sometimes, but that's a different story.

Comment

Lol... I have to agree.

Again, a different story, however I find the shadows useful in particular when using the long rest tackle. I use the shadow of the cue on the table to find out that I am in fact usually a good 12 inch away from the cue ball when it feels im about 1inch

Comment

yes i know you can't get rid of the shadows but these are like making 3 shadows around the ball ? just wondering if it could be the bulbs as there the same ones in when i got the canopy and there only 50watt or is this the norm for snooker lights

Comment

FYI: the bulbs used at my snooker club are 150watt (x3)

Comment

Working...
          X