Best player(s) to never be in the top 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best player(s) to never be in the top 16

Who do you reckon are the best player(s) to have never got into the top 16.
    Out of the more seasoned pros I would say Dominic Dale and Andy Hicks, younger players like Mark Allen and Jamie Cope have time to get in the top 16.
    Last edited by samasnookerfan; 26 January 2008, 10:19 PM.
    'I'm nuts,' - Ronnie O'Sullivan

sam

i think dale because he has won a ranking event

this is GJ from 606 i have not seen you on there for a while

hows things ?
    Robbo Unbeatable in ranking finals 6 out of 6

COME ON ROBBO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

All right gj.
      No I haven't been on here or 606 for ages.
      Yeah i'd say Dale too. Allen and Cope are definately on their way to becoming top 16 players i'd say.

Comment

Originally Posted by superaussie View Post
        i think dale because he has won a ranking event
        Ranking events as he has won two. Has to be Hicks or Dale and I can't pick between them as even though Dale won 2 events, Hicks reached the semis of the 3 majors. (Plus he's from Devon)
        TSF World Champion 2010
        TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
        BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

Dominic Dale Without A Doubt.....Twice Ranking Event Winner......

But Andy Hicks Is A Close Second............

And Samasnooker Fan Where The Bloody Hell Have You Been......Ive Actually Been Worried About You Christ Thinking You Was In Hospital And All Sorts..............Glad Youre Ok Mate...

Comment

I'm fine wild. Just been busy with other commitments, I watched the Masters and that, some good matches were played.
            So you've joined on here as well then.

Comment

dale and hicks still quite young so time on their side so I'm going for Barry pinches i know he only got to 2 Quarter-finals – UK Championship 2003, Grand Prix 2005 but his 147 in the Welsh Open was simply Divine and its the only one i have seem live ok not a popular choice and no one else will agree but hey he ain't killed know one lol
              So it's Rorschach and Prozac and everything is groovy
              World Masters - Lucky Dip 2011 winner
              World Championship-Lucky Dip 2011 winner
              Snooker island July 2011 - Australian Open prediction comp winner
              http://www.leaguesnooker.co.uk/

Comment

Originally Posted by samasnookerfan View Post
                Who do you reckon are the best player(s) to have never got into the top 16.
                Out of the more seasoned pros I would say Dominic Dale and Andy Hicks, younger players like Mark Allen and Jamie Cope have time to get in the top 16.
                I completely agree about Dale and Hicks.

There was a period in 1995 when Hicks was as good as anyone, reaching the semi's of all the bbc tournaments in a great 12-month spell for him. How he never made it to the top-16 is beyond me.

Dale is another one that just lacks consistancy. Great player on his day, but his day/week only comes round once in a while.

Allen and Cope will surely be in the top-16 within 2 years.
                I Love Snook!

Comment

I'd go for Dominic Dale. You get to see him in a lot of tournaments and I'm quite surprised he's not a top 16 player
                  It's a shame he can't keep the level of consistency that would catapult him into that elite group. I like the Welsh players and it's really sad there aren't many of them left in the top 16

Comment

Hicks;
                    Dale;
                    Ricky Walden;
                    Jamie Burnett.

Cope and Allen will get there soon enough.

Comment

Jamie Burnett please elabarate on that one..............???????????

Comment

Originally Posted by wildJONESEYE View Post
                        Jamie Burnett please elabarate on that one..............???????????
                        He practises at my club, and is effortless- in matchplay, he hasn't done himself justice. He is awesome in his own environment- I imagine all pros are; but Burnett can play to Ronnie flair, fluency and speed, it's a crying shame he can't reproduce this form in matchplay conditions.

Just a wee bit of token favouritism,
                        Last edited by fudgeflaps; 27 January 2008, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Yes so many players can in a club though. If Willie Thorne could have played like he did in a club he would have won lots more tournements.
                          I'm sure Burnett is a very good player but there are lots of players who have had more success than him and not got into the top 16.

Comment

Originally Posted by samasnookerfan View Post
                            Yes so many players can in a club though. If Willie Thorne could have played like he did in a club he would have won lots more tournements.
                            I'm sure Burnett is a very good player but there are lots of players who have had more success than him and not got into the top 16.
                            True.

As for WT, hmmmmmmmmm. He seems to be a legend in practice, and indeed in his own imagination (IMHO) but two World QFs and a ranking title does not a great make. Most pros have bottle, however large or small that may be. The fact is, WT had NONE!

His ability does merit more wins though. The same applies to even some of the greats!! White, Hurricane Higgins.....................

Comment

Ricky Walden will be there within 2 or 3 years. The last two seasons he has had a lot of bad draws.
                              ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                              "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Working...
                              X