Grazed skin on the bridge knuckle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grazed skin on the bridge knuckle.

Yeah, my cue may be a bit greasy- it's lacquered ash, and the laquer veneer causes a bit of erosion going through my bridge knuckle. My other cues are one-piece, unwieldy for transporting.

Hence, after 90mins or so (sometimes sooner) a small patch of skin is wearing through to blood, where I need a plaster and a few days for it to heal. Cueing is otherwise unhygeinic and painful. When my skin toughens up, it's okay, though.

Has anyone else suffered this?

When i first read this i thought that you may be a younger player who hasnt been playing for very long as i had similar problems until as you have said my skin toughened, It sounds from what you have said that this is on your thumb knuckle and not your finger ??? If it is your thumb and you play on a regular basis id say that it may be due to you still having varnish on your cue which is rubbing and gripping your hand which you can lightly sand sometimes this is a real problem with cheaper cues, I have had this with people who feather the shot far to much or use another bad technique such as griping to much with the bridge if this is on your finger id say that again it is your technique that is to blame

Comment

Working...
    X