Unofficial maximums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unofficial maximums

I just read on the southafrican website in another thread, that Peter Fransisco had made 14 maximums during his career. I know that lots of the PROS has made unofficial maximums. O Sullivan northern Ireland. Steve Davis Budapest. Robertson 2 last year in Australia amongst others, but is there anywhere I can find information on who has made the most ?
    ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
    "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Willie Thorne has made the most. He has made about 850 maximums.

Comment

REALLY????
      2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
      2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

lmao

willie 850 max breaks lol

there are 147s and there are 147s!

some folk count line up 147s!

some hack pack and count them as 147s

some actually make genuine 147s

Comment

I think the only maximums that count amongst professional players are those done in tournament play, ideally sanctioned by an official governing body of the sport.
          I'd be very surprised that Francisco had one in an official tournament, let alone 14, but he did play on some of his career in SA so its unfair to judge his record but suffice to say that if he did make any maximum breaks, they were done in more relaxed conditions.

Comment

willie 850 max breaks lol
            LOL indeed!

147s in practice don't really count I think. Not so long ago one of the Eurosport commentators mentioned, that Jamie Cope stopped counting the 147s he made in practice after he made 147 147s. And he's only 22!
            You can only imagine how many maximums Hendry or O'sullivan has made in practice so far. Both are well beyond 1000 if not 2000 I guess.

Comment

Cliff Thorburn made 3 in one day once, apparently!

Comment

Originally Posted by Rane View Post
                I just read on the southafrican website in another thread, that Peter Fransisco had made 14 maximums during his career. I know that lots of the PROS has made unofficial maximums. O Sullivan northern Ireland. Steve Davis Budapest. Robertson 2 last year in Australia amongst others, but is there anywhere I can find information on who has made the most ?
                With them being unofficial there probably isnt going to be any complete records of them. I guess you are refering to maximums made in exhibition matches and the like, rather than ones made in practice. Maybe the individual players own websites would record this.

Players like Ronnie and Hendry must have hundreds of them in exhibitions, and thousands in practice.

Ronnie is known to have made 2 maximums in one exhibition ! An amazing feat equalled only by Peter Ebdon, as far as I know.
                Last edited by dannyd0g; 3 February 2008, 03:16 PM.
                "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

Yeah it's so easy in practice for players, a lot of amateurs do this. I saw Willie Thornes coaching 147 he made it and comment every shot
                  2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
                  2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

147s

i know steve lee once made 3 consecutive 147s in practice

stefan mazrocis once made 3 147s in a day in practice

adrian gunnell also made 3 in a day.

sean storey made 2 147s in a 1 day pro-am

Comment

Originally Posted by missneworleans View Post
                      Yeah it's so easy in practice for players, a lot of amateurs do this. I saw Willie Thornes coaching 147 he made it and comment every shot
                      I've seen this too. If we are talking about the same thing it was shown on the bbc during a tournament and is probably on you-tube now. It was very interesting wasnt it. First time i'd heard the advice about the importance of always trying staying high on the black.

Willie's detractors are always keen to point out that the film was edited because he didnt really pot everything all in one go. It was kind of cobbled together to make it look as if he did. If i remember right Steve Davis was with him and mentioned this at the time. Everyone seems to like to take the mick out of poor Willie.

Originally Posted by circle View Post
                      i know steve lee once made 3 consecutive 147s in practice

stefan mazrocis once made 3 147s in a day in practice

adrian gunnell also made 3 in a day.

sean storey made 2 147s in a 1 day pro-am
                      Wow, this really is some 'in the know' information.

I'd be very interested to hear how you know all this.
                      Last edited by dannyd0g; 3 February 2008, 08:14 PM.
                      "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

im a snooker man through n through and love info!

also

parrott and dale have made consecutive 147s

terry murphy missed final black for consecutive 147s, he would have been 1st to do it (1991)
                        Last edited by circle; 4 February 2008, 08:10 PM.

Comment

There is some additional info on the GCS 147 Page - under the history tab.

some of the notable "amateur" 147s are there including Geet Sethi, Judd Trump, Ronnie O'Sullivan

Peter Ebdon made 2 consecutive 147s in an exhibition.
                          I've seen Stephen Hendry make a 147 in an exhibition
                          Alex Higgins made a 155 in an exhibition against one of the lady players about 20 years ago, he got a free ball and took brown as his first red.

the first ever was Clark McConachy in New Zealand, but the authorities wouldn't verify it cos it wasn't on a ratified table.
                          Janie Watkins
                          On Q Promotions / South West Snooker Academy
                          All views are my own and in no way represent On Q or the Academy

Comment

Murt O'Donoghue made a 147 in 1934.
                            http://www.eaba.co.uk/mags/bqr/1990/...ungMaster.html

Comment

alex 155

Higgins did not make a 155!

He actually made a 16red free ball 146 at Leicester ymca in 1976

White has made 2 147s in exibitions on two ocassions, first of these was 1984!

he also made a 147 in practice then went to another club to practice and made a 147 in the first frame.

The first official 147 by joe Davis in jan 1955 was actually made from a CRASH break off!

Dont forget Gary Hill, the midlander made an official 147 in world junior champs in iceland in 1989!
                              Last edited by circle; 5 February 2008, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X