Most likely resurgence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most likely resurgence?

Who is most likely to win another title from the following?

Williams
    Stevens
    Hendry
    sigpic
    Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

This is a tough one!

I honestly dont think Hendry will win anything else, i just think he's in too bad form now.

I still think Williams could do it if he makes a major effort in the next season or two, but after that, probably not.

Stevens is a funny one. He has great ability and has definately under achieved in my opinion.
    I think if he can get back into the top-16 and stay focused, he COULD have another big title in him.
    I Love Snook!

Comment

Good question !

They could all do it at any time. If Dale and Fergal can win, it must inspire these three to believe in themselves again as they are a class above.

I would say the most likely has got to be Hendry though.

If i remember correctly he came out with a memorable line a few years ago "if I dont win this tournament, I'll win the next, or the one after that" and it came true.

He then said it again just before the UK tournament a couple of years ago where he returned to form and got to the final.

I'm not sure if he's still saying this anymore though, beacuse I dont think he's one for hollow statements.

But I'll be watching out for him saying this again, and wont be betting against him when he does.
      "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

Hendry !!!
        He is still in top 16 and believe in his own possibilitys .
        Winner of crucible 77's 2008 Jiangsu Classic Fantasy Snooker Game
        Winner of 2009 China Open Prediction Contest

Comment

All of them can if they find some of the old form. At the moment Stevens seems most likely.
          ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
          "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Hendry far more likely.

His best was always far superior to the other two, and he remains a far better player than they.
            "If anybody can knock these three balls in, this man can."
            David Taylor, 11 January 1982, as Steve Davis prepared to pot the blue, in making the first 147 break on television.

Comment

Williams providing he makes the effort. Hendry looks 'weighed in' and Stevens has lost it completely. I hope Williams gets himself together because he is the best player to watch when on form.

Comment

Stevens.

The other 2 have proved themselves with world titles where Stevens still has to prove himself. One UK title is too little. On the other hand resurgence (revival) is not the appropriate phrase to be used for Stevens as he has never been among the top elite like Hendry and Williams. The latter 2 will quit if out of the top 16, where Stevens will soldier on and might pull one out of the hat (but not the world title. )

Comment

I would go with stevens. Williams looks a broken man, hendry has been abysmal...

Stevens, I think has the hunger, drive and form still left to pull it off in time

Comment

Williams has shown signs of returning to form, so i think he will. I don't think the Golfer will win another tournament, while Stevens needs to get back into the Top 16 to stand a chance. You wouldn't put it past him to reach another World Final and face Ronnie in it
                    sigpic

Comment

problem is boss, williams will retire if he drops out of top 16 and tbh I can see that happening....

Comment

Top 32, but that doesn't look likely this season. He can win the Welsh Open, but King is favourite. Don't see the handyman not winning another title. His last title was in 2006 when he wasn't playing well then either
                        sigpic

Comment

Hendry is most likely. I think he will get it together soon and start winning titles again.

Comment

Are you the real Jan? You looked like you were close to punching someone in the Hendry v Selby match. There's a real sense of danger when you walk around the table (in a kind way). Not someone to mess with
                            sigpic

Comment

I have punched many players backstage and being a 'southpaw' come at them on the blindside. I had to punch Ronnie real bad after his walkout(no one walks out of my matches and gets away with it)! That was actually his real punishment for the crime.

Comment

Working...
                              X