No announcement yet.

Most likely resurgence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're a big lad and you could thump most players, but King or Drago will knock you out good and you know it
    sigpic
    Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Comment

The only player who has given me a pasting is Dave Harold, he surprised me with his right jab and sent me hurtling across the floor. I never call Dave for a miss anymore. I don't want another blackeye!

Comment

Good post this one.

...Personally, I think you write Hendry off at your peril. And, in fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see all three of them making some sort of a resurgence ...I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Comment

Cant see any of them ever winning another ranker tbh. Williams mind, has showed some signs of a return to better form, having a decent run in the UK and didn't he find Doherty in unstoppable form at Wembley?

Comment

I agree with cyril, I think when people talk about hendry, williams or davis making a big come back, it is more wishful thinking.

Williams has the form somewhere in him but at the moment you just can't see it coming out. Hendry has been playing terrible for ages and it doesn't look like abating, stevens, I wouldn't put it past him coming back for 1 or 2 events

But none of them look at all likely. Stanger things have happened though! jimmy in 2004?
            Last edited by SeiferAlmasy; 4 February 2008, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by janverhaas View Post
              Hendry is most likely. I think he will get it together soon and start winning titles again.
              This is my opinion too
              Winner of crucible 77's 2008 Jiangsu Classic Fantasy Snooker Game
              Winner of 2009 China Open Prediction Contest

Comment

most likely resugence?
                I'd say Stevens, if only because he's the youngest of the three. He's shown clear signs that he's not satisfied to be where he is today so I think he's motivated to try and come back. Whether he will and how much? Time will tell.
                Next in line is Williams. He has shown signs of resurgence this season and it's a pity he's been rather unlucky up to now. However, if he doesn't succeed ... I'm afraid he will call it a day after the WC just like he said himself. And I would be very surprised if Williams would get back to the top of his game.
                Hendry is in my opinion the most unlikely to come back. He is 39. I think that for him, just like for anyone of that age, there is only one way to be able to stay around: accept that you have to change the way you play and the way you approach the game. That's what Steve Davis did and he admitted that it has been a very difficult process. Somehow I don't feel Hendry as being ready - psychologically ready - for that transformation process yet. And I'm not sure he will ever be. Stephen Hendry is the best player snooker has known in that sense that he has won much more than anyone else. He is the absolute warrior, "give up" is probably nowhere to be found in his personal dictionary... it has been his strenght ... it could be his weakness now.

Having said that ... well ... I've got no crystal ball and surprises do happen
                Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
                http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

Working...
                X