The race to win again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The race to win again

Graeame Dott and Shaun Murphy are to some a suprise package with the way that they achieved there wins at the World Championship, Dott had obviously got to the final before in 2004 and lost to Ronnie O'sullivan in what ended in a fairly one sided final, and Shaun Murphy steped out from the back to win his at the first time of asking. Murphy out of the two was probably seen as the most predictable out of the two to win the Title but who will win their second before the other, or will they even win another ???

Murphy has a solid chance, but I can't see Dott winning another World Championship, personally.

...Though, stranger things have happened!

Comment

It is surely going to be Murphy. I dont think Dott has it in him to win one more time!
      Who needs 'The Rocket' , When RaNeN is here!

Comment

I would say both have a small chance but murphy would have to be at a higher chance for me definately, he is more consistent and for me, a better player.

Comment

I'd back the Jockey to reach another final, even though he's 30. And of course anything can happen in a major final. Murphy is only 25 so you can expect him to win another one, provided someone doesn't start dominating
          sigpic
          Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Comment

Well maybe nobody from them
            2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
            2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

if any of the two win it again, id say Shaun is more likely, though id rather see GD win it again out of them both

Comment

Nothing would please me more in snooker if Graeme Dott won another world title.
                TSF World Champion 2010
                TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
                BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

Whys that Alex and would you say the same about Murphy ?

Comment

Originally Posted by Littlesense View Post
                    Whys that Alex and would you say the same about Murphy ?
                    Considering I am a fan of Graeme Dott doesn't that explain it? Also I really dislike Murphy so it would be awful ifhe won another one.
                    TSF World Champion 2010

Comment

It does Alex but it worries me when people keep their reply that short Im not a Murphy fan either and out of the two id like to see Dott get another one and hopfully with Del Hills help again.

Comment

Well if Graeme can sort his form out he is certainly a 100% better player than when he won the first time, so nothing to stop him picking up the World Title again imho.
                        "I tried to be patient, but it took too long"

Comment

His form at the moment is ridiculous. What is the record for amount of matches without a win? He has a decent enough draw this year unless he gets a bugger of a qualifier and always reaches the final if he gets past the second round.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/2...6908-20311737/
                          TSF World Champion 2010

Comment

Well it's not for lack of practice I know but I am hopeful he can turn it around and to be honest he was desperately unlucky in the Masters in the final frame with that horrendous bounce off the cushion, without that Lee was beaten but I am not taking anything away from Lee's clearance, was just that without that bounce Dott was in the next round.
                            "I tried to be patient, but it took too long"

Comment

I think you have to say that Dott is leaving it rather too late to claim a second title, purely going on age – and his downturn in form this season would have to change to help his cause.

Murphy certainly has the capability and has time more on his side. He is a relative newcomer to the top ranks and, what is it?, 5 quarter-finals in the last 5 ranking tournaments, and 4 semis? That's not a bad bit of consistency and there will not be many opponents he faces that will put him second favourite for the match.

I personally don't see Dott winning another world title – quite likely to be quarter-/semi-finalist a few times maybe, but as said above stranger things have happened.

I'd give Murphy more chance, but, as we say for every player these days, there are so many with a realistic chance that you cannot say for certain that any of them will actually do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X