Correct frame score?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct frame score?

In the final frame of this afternoon's match John Higgins conceded when he left the pink over the pocket. I then noticed on the BBC website that they credited with Ken having potted that pink, when in actual fact John's concession prevented that so I am wondering what is correct frame score in this instance. Is it 64-39? or 58-39? If it is the former then what happens if a) a player concedes like the way Ronnie O'Sullivan conceded against Ebdon in the Irish Open one year(Ebdon was on a break of about 20 at the start of that frame and O'Sullivan walked past him and said "You can have that one mate"). Would you then calculate would break Ebdon would have made from that position?; b) a frame is one the final black with say Hendry playing Higgins and Hendry leads 45-43 but then leaves the black unmissable for John and offers his hand to John before he can pot the black. In theory John's score should remain on 43 but then you would have the peculiar scenario of the winner of the frame scoring less points than the loser of the frame.

there muast be an error... imo there are no more points added when a player conceds a frame... think the bbc just made an error...

Comment

Yes surely a mistake
      2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
      2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

The six points are not added to the score, as far as I know.

There were two instances where a frame was conceded to Jimmy White at the Crucible – first round and second round the same year, as I recall. The black was unmissable and the opponent did not require Jimmy to pot it.

Jimmy White therefore won the frames in question, but on each occasion his opponent had a higher score!

You can see them here: http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ead.php?t=7007

Scroll down to White-Wattana in the first round (the scores are colour-coded to match the frame winner's colour) and Lee in the second.

Comment

Thanks for that Statman.

Comment

Working...
          X