No announcement yet.

King V White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that will be easy win for King .
    Winner of crucible 77's 2008 Jiangsu Classic Fantasy Snooker Game
    Winner of 2009 China Open Prediction Contest

Comment

I think Mark will edge this but the emotional part of me is thinking if Jimmy can win this match, then against all odds goes on to win the WC, - yes, I know I'm a dreamer - he'll be seeded first in next year's WC and seeded second in all other ranking tournaments of the 2008/2009 season

Comment

Originally Posted by snooligan View Post
        I think Mark will edge this but the emotional part of me is thinking if Jimmy can win this match, then against all odds goes on to win the WC, - yes, I know I'm a dreamer - D
        Yes, I think even Jimmy has stopped coming out with his "i think i can win the world chapionships this year"
        "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

I think that there is immense pressure on both players tbh.

One thing worth mentioning, most people feel that Mark is going to win it, whilst they want Jimmy to win it. This may play into Jimmy's hands as the majority are expecting Mark to turn him over and this may add more pressure on his shoulders.

We've all been there, it's the "I should be beating him......." syndrome.

COME ON JIMMY! lol.
          Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Comment

Jimmy White V Mark King

I think Jimmy will win this match 10-7 or 10-8, and then draw Hendry at Sheffiled in Rd 1, a man he has played at sheffiled in the 80's and 90's and the only two times White as beaten Hendry at sheffiled is when two tables have been in play 1988 13-12 last 16 and 1998 32 10-4 Last, and Both years ended in 8.
            Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

I was lucky enough to be at White's first pro victory (Lang's Supreme '81), and his last, (Players Champ '04), and beleive me he will be up for this.
              I also, tend to go for who I actually want to win over who I think will win.
              On this occasion, it's the same guy. Jimmy White.

The game is nothing without passion and White has this in abundance.

After each final defeat from '84, there has been people saying he would never get to another. To get to a further 5, takes guts.

He'll do it for his dad.

Anyway, go on Jimmy. Just sorry it's not on TV.

Guinness
              Last edited by Guinness; 28 February 2008, 08:28 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I've gone for a comfortable win for Jimmy, maybe 10.6 or 10.7 - neither man playing well, so I'm hoping Jimmy can raise his game. I think Mark might struggle under the pressure of almost everyone wanting Jimmy to win, but if Jimmy doesn't improve on his form so far, he would be in for a hammering no matter who he was playing. Fingers crossed for him
                'I think the the 1972 World Championship was the coming of the saviour - myself'!! Alex Higgins 1972

Comment

This is a massive match for both players, Mark trying to get back into the top 16 and Jimmy just trying to prolong his career. I think the pressure will lead to a very long, very nervy match with a 10-8 or 10-9 scoreline either way. It will come down to who will handle the pressure at the end of the match.

I just hope Jimmy can edge it as it would be great to see him at the Crucible again after so many people wrote him off.
                  2009 Shanghai Masters Lucky Dip Champion
                  2010/11 Overall Prediction Champion

Comment

heart says jimmy head says mark
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Live scoring anywhere?

Morning Guys,

I was just wondering if it's possible to follow the match somehow.

Where's this being held?

Still hoping for Jimmy!

Com'on Jimmy

Brian
                      Quote : It took me eight hours a day for 16 years to become an overnight sensation! Cliff Thorburn

Comment

In the English institute of sports in Shefild.

Comment

Originally Posted by Strickimicki View Post
                          Morning Guys,

I was just wondering if it's possible to follow the match somehow.

Where's this being held?

Still hoping for Jimmy!

Com'on Jimmy

Brian
                          The match will be next monday, Brian. Livescoring available on www.worldsnooker.com website and on www.globalsnookercentre.co.uk as well.
                          ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

What time is kickoff?

Just wondering if anybody knows what time the duel starts?

I'm on nights so I'll have to get up for it!

Com'on Jimmy

Brian
                            Quote : It took me eight hours a day for 16 years to become an overnight sensation! Cliff Thorburn

Comment

Originally Posted by Strickimicki View Post
                              Just wondering if anybody knows what time the duel starts?

I'm on nights so I'll have to get up for it!

Com'on Jimmy

Brian
                              should be 10am UK time.
                              ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

Thankyou my man!

I'll be there calling for Jimmy!!

Com'on Jimmy

Brian

Comment

Working...
                                X