No announcement yet.

King V White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A cricked neck put paid to Jimmy White's attempt to reach the 2008 World Championship or so they say on the bbc
    So it's Rorschach and Prozac and everything is groovy
    World Masters - Lucky Dip 2011 winner
    World Championship-Lucky Dip 2011 winner
    Snooker island July 2011 - Australian Open prediction comp winner
    http://www.leaguesnooker.co.uk/

Comment

Frame scores (King first): 61-22 66-18 73-19 (61) 58-43 68-0 (68) 30-83 88-0 75-26 72-0 41-94 (90) 38-62 72-4 (72) 78-45 (58)
      So it's Rorschach and Prozac and everything is groovy
      World Masters - Lucky Dip 2011 winner
      World Championship-Lucky Dip 2011 winner
      Snooker island July 2011 - Australian Open prediction comp winner
      http://www.leaguesnooker.co.uk/

Comment

Some of King's words after the game :
        "Jimmy has got the experience and he can still play on his day, but I put him under pressure and he missed a lot. I think only my dad, mate and brother wanted me to win. If he’d been playing anyone else I’d have been the same, because he’s the only one who still gives me goosebumps when he gets introduced into the arena. The first time I qualified for Sheffield, Jimmy was the only one who took time to talk to me, and you don’t forget things like that."
        "There has only ever been Alex Higgins, myself and now Ronnie O'sullivan who play the game the way it should be played with such excitement - I know the fans love it this way" - Jimmy White

Comment

I think there may be a few limited positives to take from the match if you are a Jimmy fan.

In ascendinmg order;

1)It was a heavy rather than an embarassing defeat. It's cold comfort, but at least he didin't go down 10-0, or 10-1.
          2)The neck thing sounds plausible. In the past when he has had a bad beating he has normally admitted to having just played terribly. On the down side it may be taken as a sign of ageing.
          3)He did get to the last qualifying round for the Crucible. To look at this another way he was one matcjh away from getting through the most difficult qualifying rounds of the season. He will therefore have got some points and a bit of match practice. Not bad for any playwer ranked in the mid 60's.

Obviously there are lots of negatives but it is not all bad is it....?

Comment

So unlucky with this neck! But anyway well done Mark!
            2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
            2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

Originally Posted by drlog147 View Post
              A cricked neck put paid to Jimmy White's attempt to reach the 2008 World Championship or so they say on the bbc
              wonder if it made much of a difference. it can do, but would depend how bad it was. some will see it as an excuse, but well never know if hed have won today without the "injury"

Comment

As I outlined a few posts ago, I am still looking fopr a few positives to take away from this.
                who did Jimmy beat to get to the final qualifying round?
                Anyone know?

Comment

higginson wasnt it?

Comment

Originally Posted by millwall32 View Post
                    As I outlined a few posts ago, I am still looking fopr a few positives to take away from this.
                    who did Jimmy beat to get to the final qualifying round?
                    Anyone know?

http://www.globalsnookercentre.co.uk...-888-world.htm

Comment

king is nearly as big a joke as white and most seeds would love to draw king in the first round tomorrow because he willl beaten by any seed that he faces
                      Robbo Unbeatable in ranking finals 6 out of 6

COME ON ROBBO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

the poll was a complete wash out lol.......

with only 3 out of 88 predicting exactly what happened a easy win for king.....

Comment

Originally Posted by superaussie View Post
                          king is nearly as big a joke as white and most seeds would love to draw king in the first round tomorrow because he willl beaten by any seed that he faces
                          Thats a bit harsh. Davis wouldnt necessarily be a strong favourite to beat him. They could be pretty evenly matched.

Originally Posted by wildJONESEYE View Post
                          the poll was a complete wash out lol.......

with only 3 out of 88 predicting exactly what happened a easy win for king.....
                          I guess most people were ruled by heart over head.
                          "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

I read an interview today where White complained he had neck-ache.

Comment

so, in my desperate search for positives, who exactly are higginson and selt?

i had never heard of them until i followed that link.

can they at least be classed as toughish players that jimmy beat?

Comment

well Andrew Higginson was last year's Welsh Open runner up, so not a bad player by any means. This season is not as successful for him though.
                                ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

Working...
                                X