Five consecutive semi-finals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five consecutive semi-finals?

Shaun Murphy is playing his fifth consecutive ranking semi-final. Who else has done this achievement? I'd imagine that Mark Williams maybe was the last one to do this or is it even as far back as Hendry in his hey-day?

Mark williams was better in his hey day. he went through a purple patch one season and won nearly everything, shaun murphy hasnt won much the past 2 years at all.

Comment

hats of to the guy he is consistant but as hendry once said......i dont want to be consistant..i want to be a consistant winner.....i feel shaun lacks a little to get to the level of being regarded as the very best................

Comment

Yes well this was not thought to be a Is-Murphy-great-or-overrated-thread. I was wondering whether anyone knows the stats regarding this?

Comment

no i didnt know it was like that but i think Selbys Record is a Little Better in the last 9 tournaments he has played...

winner=2
          r up 1
          semi finals=3

Last 7 Ranking Tournaments
          Winner=1
          R up=1
          S Finals=3

but what is for certain tommorows semi final will be played between the 2 most consistant players at the moment......

Comment

Originally Posted by hegeland View Post
            Yes well this was not thought to be a Is-Murphy-great-or-overrated-thread. I was wondering whether anyone knows the stats regarding this?
            steve davis and stephen hendry both reached 8 successive ranking semifinals

stephen hendry also managed to reach 8 successive ranking finals.

Comment

It is also 6 out of the last ranking events after the 2007 WC. But he has only won one title since 2005. (Although no one has won more than two since then)
              TSF World Champion 2010
              TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
              BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

Answer from WSA: "Stephen Hendry [was the last one], from the 1995 World Championship to the 1995 German Open. Between the 2000 Malta Grand Prix and the 2001 Welsh Open, Mark Williams reached eight out of nine semis, but he failed to make the last four of the British Open in the middle of that run."

Comment

Working...
                X