Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your house won't fit a snooker table?

Hi all,
    Over the last year or so I have really took an interest in snooker. I used to play around once every 2 months but now I play around once or twice a week. My highest break is 32, which I’m aware is not amazing but then again I was chuffed to bits when I did it as I had a couple of hard shots to keep the break going. Well now that I have this game in my dreams every night I am also gutted that I have no room for a snooker table or even a pool table in my house! I constantly dream of having one to practise on. If i did I would probably be on it for hours a day. I’m spending quite a handful of pounds on this game every month and it just makes sense to get one but alas my terraced house is too small and aside from moving to a bigger house with a massive mortgage I don’t see me ever owning my own table which makes me feel quite miserable. Anybody else have a similar situation? Share your thoughts...

I have the same problems as u, however i don't think i can solve the problem coz my house is not big enough for a snooker table, u know u can buy a second hand table really cheap, but our house not big enough.... I think everyone knows if they want to improve their game they need to practice a lot and snooker is the kind of sport u need to practice alot not like sitting at home and reading books.

Comment

You need to build a garage or extension.

Comment

Problem there though is I don’t think my properly is wide enough, its certainly long enough but not wide enough. How many of you actually have a snooker/pool table at home?

Comment

Join the club mate(s). Honestly this dilemma makes me depressed because I love the game

Comment

I'm in the same situation too.

Find a not for profit community centre with a table. Easier said than done i know i havent found one yet in Manchester - but when i grew up in Wales it seemed quite common for one to be attached to village community centres.

Working mens clubs are another option but you need to be personally introduced.
            "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

Originally Posted by dannyd0g View Post
              Working mens clubs are another option but you need to be personally introduced.
              This is how I used to play for cheap (ish). The local golf club has a couple of tables, but again you need to get membership. Or become good mates with some-one who's already got their own table.

Comment

Help please

Morning,
                for years now i've wanted my own table in my house but just hav'nt got the room, its a big old house but not much space around it to build

But for a few years now i've played in our local cricket club where we have 2 lovely tables and 2 snooker teams, one of which i now run,

The tables are in great condition and run on a 20 pence metre which works out to only £1 p/hour which makes the £40 membership worth while,

But recently i've been given my own key to the place so if i want to practice any time when its closed i can ( from 2pm till 5pm) its like having my own table anyway,

Although i do find it a bit boring after an hour or so and tend to loose my concentration doing line-ups, would be grateful for some tips and ideas please to help me improve, (76 highest break but was 4 yrs ago!!!!) arrrgghh!

cheers Mark (Great website)

Comment

You should do what ive done !
                  pool table in living room ! livingroom in bedroom ! missus in kitchen ect!
                  until i can build my extension thats where they will be staying !
                  god bless my woman for putting up with me and staying in the kitchen !

Comment

Originally Posted by cacabunjas View Post
                    god bless my woman for putting up with me and staying in the kitchen !
                    maybe thats the best place for her

Comment

allweatherbilliards make a 12 foot outdoor snooker table. Maybe if you have room in your garden you could get a marquee...

Comment

Originally Posted by Theguywithaplan View Post
                        allweatherbilliards make a 12 foot outdoor snooker table. Maybe if you have room in your garden you could get a marquee...
                        You'd probably need planning permission for that, which would introduce its own set of issues and problems.

I really do choose my hobbies wisely - I could arguably fit a pool table in my living room but then I would have to move the surplus furniture. My mum would object to that in a second! What really annoys me is that the fireplace takes up valuable inches and is never used, and the wall is like a zigag:

_|'''|_

My house is semi-attached with nextdoor, which leads to this pattern and the space for the useless and pointless fireplace.

Without this, I would be in a much better position.

"Fortunately" (sarcasm...) my dad isn't a pool enthusiast even though he plays often so it doesn't bother him whether or not there is a pool table in the house, but I always get the "you need practise" line, which is great considering the circumstances!

To top it off, the club I go to is always dead unless I bring someone or if it's a Thursday or Friday, when the regulars come down. There is no incentive in going to a club to play rather than having a pool table at home if the club will be dead!

Rant over

Comment

buy a snooker club and pretend its your job - thats my plan anyway!
                          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

i had my own table i bought a house with a triple garage and turned it in to a snooker room but never played on it so sold it also i have 2 friends that have there own tables 1 lives across the road from me and 1 lives right next to the club where we all play and they are the same rather play in the club somthing about playing at home thats just not the same.

Comment

Originally Posted by Marc View Post
                              maybe thats the best place for her
                              May be you are right.
                              1.Play89 Online Pool Maximum Bonus Coupon :snooker:
                              2.Play65 Backgammon Maximum Bonus Coupon

Comment

Working...
                              X