No announcement yet.

Your house won't fit a snooker table?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the Czech Republic snooker is slowly becoming a popular sport and I have many friends who would like to buy a snooker table, have the money but don't have the space for it. I was lucky enough that my father and me own a company building where I had enough room to put my snooker table in. It's been almost a year now since I built it and I literally can't imagine not having my own table as here in the Czech rep. are just a few tables yet and you can't get (let's say) a year membership for a reasonable money. You just pay for hours and that's damn expensive. I would have to work almost 3 hours at work to play one hour of snooker. Crazy! So now I practise cca 3hrs every day and I'm happy .

Comment

Much like you guys, I've always wanted a table of my own.

I live in a 1960's semi but it's on a corner plot.

Just had an architect round to measure up.

Having an extension on the side of the house AND taking down a pre-fab concrete double garage and re-building it in brick (with cavaty walls) but bigger.

I've asked for 26' x 20' external which equates to approx 24' x 18' internal which should be plenty big enough hopefully. It ain't going to be cheap though!!

He says that it should get planning but I'm not taking it for granted yet.

Dave.

Comment

Originally Posted by davybull View Post
        Much like you guys, I've always wanted a table of my own.

I live in a 1960's semi but it's on a corner plot.

Just had an architect round to measure up.

Having an extension on the side of the house AND taking down a pre-fab concrete double garage and re-building it in brick (with cavaty walls) but bigger.

I've asked for 26' x 20' external which equates to approx 24' x 18' internal which should be plenty big enough hopefully. It ain't going to be cheap though!!

He says that it should get planning but I'm not taking it for granted yet.

Dave.

24 x 18 sounds great

minimum to be comfortable would be just under 22 x 16. anything over that is a bonus, letting you walk into your stance on cushion shots.

Comment

Pete the Architect has basically said try bigger than what you need so that if we have to compromise we have a little bargining room!! Would love that size but if it has to be a couple of feet smaller then so be it.
          However if the planners say that i can't have a room big enough to use a full size cue easily then I won't waste money. I can either have what I want or I won't bother.

Comment

Working...
          X