No announcement yet.

Davis first round defeats.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In todays snooker terms he's old. Little chance of him returning to the crucible. One of the best 5 snooker players of all time

Comment

Originally Posted by S Davis Fan View Post
      I Was there, and I was on my edge of seat, the first time I have seen Davis play, and I felt like I was watching the 1985 final.

His technique was surprising as he usually grips the cue just a little up from the end of the butt, but to my surprise he was a good 3 or 4 inches up the cue on every shot except the over stretching ones, where he would get down and then shake the cue into a good position, and before every shot he kept looking at his cue and turning and fiddling with it and a couple of times his back hand was inside verticle something that he critisised Joe davis of in the past, and instead of keeping his head on the cue he would drop his elbow and the whole cue would drop away from his head on follow through.

I nearly died when he fought his way back and looked like he was going to lead 9-8 and then missed the black and left it on. His safety play though was excellent if only he can improve his potting.

By the way how many qualifying rounds will he have to play to qualify for the tournaments next season?

Paul
      He'll have to play one qualifier for each tournament.

Comment

I felt a little embarrased watching in him in the first three frames.
        But the fact that he could pull it back the way he did quite simply shows you what a great competitor he is.
        It will be very interesting to see exactly how long he can stay in the top 32 for.
        Only having to play one qualifying match should not be too hard, particularly as he does not hjave the personal, ahem, issues that Jimmy had around the time that he dropped out of the 16.

Comment

How does one go about attending the qualifiers, do you have to get tickets to see them?

Comment

Originally Posted by Signal Fire View Post
            I'm not disputing Davis is a legend! Only an idiot would do that
            well on here you come extreamly close to being a idiot as you put it lol

Comment

Originally Posted by wildJONESEYE View Post
              well on here you come extreamly close to being a idiot as you put it lol
              wild, your drivel input is better suited to 606 - no-one on here likes you.

Just stick to where you belong, and buy a dictionary.

Comment

wild, your drivel input is better suited to 606 - no-one on here likes you.

Just stick to where you belong, and buy a dictionary.
                how can you call anyones input as DRIVEL ??????? when some of the threads you have posted recently are, well, you can judge for yourself search these beauties "JOE SWAIL FOR 2008 CHAMP" HAMILTON THE FLY IN THE OINTMENT" " SWAIL v BINGHAM FINAL" or the tip of the week "DARK HORSE DOTT " or rating "JIMMY MICHIE AS ON OF THE BEST AROUND" or your tipping of " RORY MCLEOD TO BEAT HENDRYS WORLD TITLE TALLY " ...................... DO YOU PLAY/WATCH/UNDERSTAND SNOOKER AT ALL ..........I DOUBT IT VERY MUCH,,AND YOU HAVE THE CHEEK TO ABUSE OTHER POSTERS ON HERE ,,,,,,,,,YOU ARE RAPIDLY BECOMING THE FORUM IDIOT/NODDY/PLANTPOT

Comment

Originally Posted by snooker warrior View Post
                  how can you call anyones input as DRIVEL ??????? when some of the threads you have posted recently are, well, you can judge for yourself search these beauties "JOE SWAIL FOR 2008 CHAMP" HAMILTON THE FLY IN THE OINTMENT" " SWAIL v BINGHAM FINAL" or the tip of the week "DARK HORSE DOTT " or rating "JIMMY MICHIE AS ON OF THE BEST AROUND" or your tipping of " RORY MCLEOD TO BEAT HENDRYS WORLD TITLE TALLY " ...................... DO YOU PLAY/WATCH/UNDERSTAND SNOOKER AT ALL ..........I DOUBT IT VERY MUCH,,AND YOU HAVE THE CHEEK TO ABUSE OTHER POSTERS ON HERE ,,,,,,,,,YOU ARE RAPIDLY BECOMING THE FORUM IDIOT/NODDY/PLANTPOT
                  Ah, wild - glad to see you can spell then, under your alias.

How many you got?

Comment

Ah, wild - glad to see you can spell then, under your alias.

How many you got?
                    alias ???????????? this isnt wild,,,,,this is just one of many on this forum who are fed up with the crap you constantly post/threads you start,,,have a search around (when the moderators let you back (he he) lol ) at what others are posting about you and your posts/threads and you will see i am just one of the many forum members who are fed up with your posts/threads

Comment

Working...
                    X