Favourite Waistcoat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favourite Waistcoat?

Which waistcoat worn by professionals is your favourite?

:snooker:
    Ebdon's Dark Blue
    15.69%
    Maguire's Deep Purple
    23.53%
    Pinches' Yellow and Green
    1.96%
    Swail's Dark Red
    5.88%
    Selby's Silver
    7.84%
    Hendry's Blueish Tartan
    25.49%
    Doherty's Purpleish Tartan
    1.96%
    Other
    17.65%

The poll is expired.

sigpic
    Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Ebdons starry one

Comment

None of the above are particularly flambuoyant enough for me, boss!!

Alex Higgins and Kirk Stevens always had interesting attire........ but we need more confident showboating in the fashion department from the players!!

(IMHO)

Comment

Fonzie and Drago fight it out

I'd personally wear Fonzie's jacket to the match table

I quite like Maguire's deep purple though. Drago often wears a lighter version of that colour. I'd like to see Drago turn up in a golden colour. I'm sure he has a few of those in his office. Maybe the qualifiers aren't big enough for the occassion

sigpic
        Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Comment

Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
          I'd personally wear Fonzie's jacket to the match table

I quite like Maguire's deep purple though. Drago often wears a lighter version of that colour. I'd like to see Drago turn up in a golden colour. I'm sure he has a few of those in his office. Maybe the qualifiers aren't big enough for the occassion

Too true, boss.

If I was a top player, I'd be a show-off tart in the fashion stakes, just as I am on a night out!! 70s retro, all sorts of mad colours and styles!!!

If I was in ****-taking mood, i'd go to the table dressed as Elvis if I could.

Poor Drago, though- he'd be all-gold if he could, but he's a big lardy fella now- he wouldn't want to emphasise his belly.

I think player attire can add to publicity and the entertainment value of the sport- Hann and Dale always got attention for their outlandish gear, even if they played dire.

If the likes of Ted 'The Count' Hankey can enter a darts arena dressed as Dracula without ridicule, surely our players can express themselves a bit more freely? TYhere could be a 'free dress rule' ranking event to test this idea out, and keep the traditions of snooker intact with formal dress for the other events.

Comment

Originally Posted by fudgeflaps View Post
            None of the above are particularly flambuoyant enough for me, boss!!

Alex Higgins and Kirk Stevens always had interesting attire........ but we need more confident showboating in the fashion department from the players!!

(IMHO)
            Kirk Stevens' white suit was so cool.

But nowadays I like Ebdon's bright pink waistcoat.

Comment

robbo used to wear a gold waistcoat and it was cool
              Robbo Unbeatable in ranking finals 6 out of 6

COME ON ROBBO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by superaussie View Post
                robbo used to wear a gold waistcoat and it was cool
                if robbo was naked and had a painted waistcoat and tie on you would think it was cool lol

Comment

wild

any news on your return to the other place ?
                  Robbo Unbeatable in ranking finals 6 out of 6

COME ON ROBBO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The current day waistcoats are quite tame. I remember the Kirk Stevens white suit, that was top drawer! I also liked Tony Knowles's dark waistcoat with stars. Dominic Dale also has some nice combos.

The worst waistcoat by a country mile is Barry Pinches's nonsense.

Comment

Originally Posted by wildJONESEYE View Post
                      if robbo was naked and had a painted waistcoat and tie on you would think it was cool lol
                      Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Thanks, wild, for the visual, made my morning at the office. Haha!
                      WS should push this for the next season. Would only diminish the rate of clothing fouls.
                      And would probably increase ratings.
                      S.P.I.L.F.

Comment

body art
                        Winner of crucible 77's 2008 Jiangsu Classic Fantasy Snooker Game
                        Winner of 2009 China Open Prediction Contest

Comment

What about the pants that Murphy was wearing on the first session of the match against Harold? He had some shiney lines on them

Comment

I voted for Maguire's purple one. The first time I seen him wearing it was in Belfast, where I also remember another very nice waistcoat - Fergal O'Brien's.
                            It appeared to be different colours depending on the lights and the angle at which you looked at it.
                            It was like the song Karma Chameleon...Red, Gold and Green.
                            Very funky indeed...
                            "The five S’s of sports training are: Stamina, Speed, Strength, Skill and Spirit;
                            but the greatest of these is Spirit." Ken Doherty

Comment

I'm personally a fan of the smart, white shirt/black waistcoat combination. But otherwise I like the Hendry's blueish tartan (: Just because it looks quite neat.

Comment

Working...
                              X