upgrading to a proper cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrading to a proper cue

hello people. I am new on this forum so please excuse any mistakes i make.
    I have been playing snooker for a while now using one of those crappy BCE cues (ronnie endorsed )with an ebonised butt. Cost me about 30 pound from JJB sports. I play every so often with my friends...my average break is around 25 and my highest break is 44. I am now planning to upgrade to a proper cue.
    Some cues that i am looking at are the Peradon Pro Cue and the Master Pro Butt 1 Cue. I don't have any centres around where i can test any of these cues so i am going to just take a chance! (I live in Glasgow btw if anyone can reccomend a place to test cues.)
    Does anyone have any opinions on the quality of these cues in general?
    On this website the Peradon Pro cue is really cheap compared to other websites. Does anyone know why this would be and has anyone ever ordered from Hudson Wright?

http://www.hudsonwright.net/product....35A&pid=635041

Any advice would be great!
    Thanks

Callum
    "It's not about taking part, it's about winning... "
    Master Cue Pro-Butt 5, 19 Oz, 58", 3/4 length Ash shaft, 10mm Mushroom Mastercue Tip

Both are decent cues and are definitely better in terms of quality than the cue you are currently using. Peradon cues tend to have a lacquered finish on the butt end and this maybe something to consider, Mastercue are usually finished with wax and oils and is a much better feel IMO.
    Can't help you with the website though, perhaps they have old stock of that particular model and have reduced the price to clear? If you are still considering the Peradon then thats probably as cheap as you'll find it anywhere.

Comment

Originally Posted by superdude84
      hello people. I am new on this forum so please excuse any mistakes i make.
      I have been playing snooker for a while now using one of those crappy BCE cues (ronnie endorsed )with an ebonised butt. Cost me about 30 pound from JJB sports. I play every so often with my friends...my average break is around 25 and my highest break is 44. I am now planning to upgrade to a proper cue.
      Some cues that i am looking at are the Peradon Pro Cue and the Master Pro Butt 1 Cue. I don't have any centres around where i can test any of these cues so i am going to just take a chance! (I live in Glasgow btw if anyone can reccomend a place to test cues.)
      Does anyone have any opinions on the quality of these cues in general?
      On this website the Peradon Pro cue is really cheap compared to other websites. Does anyone know why this would be and has anyone ever ordered from Hudson Wright?

http://www.hudsonwright.net/product....35A&pid=635041

Any advice would be great!
      Thanks

Callum
      The Master Cue is a far better cue than the Peradon , If you don't mind traveling a couple of hours I have over 300 cues in stock of which about 150 are handmade cues , and most of the 150 are either Mike Wooldridge , Master Cues , Peradon or Cuecraft , all good quality cues and you can try them out on a match table in the club we are connected to.
      www.greenbaize.com

Comment

thanks for the advice cueman and greenbaize. exactly what i was looking for. I am now planning on steering clear of the peradon cue. Mater cue looks pretty nice. I am actually considering driving all the way down to your shop becuase there really aren't any places to try snooker cues up here. I will keep you informed of what i end up doing.
        thanks
        Callum
        Master Cue Pro-Butt 5, 19 Oz, 58", 3/4 length Ash shaft, 10mm Mushroom Mastercue Tip

Comment

Say hello to Stu if you meet him ;-) I ordered a Master Cue from greenbaize.com a couple of months back without trying it first, and he went to great lengths to answer all my questions and help me pick the right stuff. Highly recommended!

cheers, uwe

Comment

Just thought i would give an update of my purchase.

Finally ended up buying a Master Cue Pro Butt 5. Looks much better than in the pictures! The quality of the cue is excellent. Even though the cue is jointed at 14 inches the balance point is at 18 inches, thought it would be a it further back. I ordered the cue from www.greenbaize.com Stuart Green was a great help in helping me choose the cue and helped me with all the little problems i had. Was made a brilliant offer aswell! Cheers Stuart. If anyone has any questions about my master cue leave me a message.

Superdude84

Comment

thanks for posting an update sd84, I was wondering how you got on (helps the other members know who they can rely on for referrals too).
              Head Still... Follow Through... Keep it Tight... Never Give Up... Ton 'em if you can!

Comment

Originally Posted by superdude84
                Just thought i would give an update of my purchase.

Finally ended up buying a Master Cue Pro Butt 5. Looks much better than in the pictures! The quality of the cue is excellent. Even though the cue is jointed at 14 inches the balance point is at 18 inches, thought it would be a it further back. I ordered the cue from www.greenbaize.com Stuart Green was a great help in helping me choose the cue and helped me with all the little problems i had. Was made a brilliant offer aswell! Cheers Stuart. If anyone has any questions about my master cue leave me a message.

Superdude84

Thanks superdude84
                I'm glad you like the cue .
                Pleased we were able to help you out

Good luck and keep on potting !!

All the best ,
                Stu
                www.greenbaize.com

Comment

Working...
                X