pro players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pro players

does anybody know why most of the pro's, when cueing, move their middle finger up and down ??

I remember a commentator once saying that they don't do it intentionally, it doesn't help them in aiming or something, they just do it...

Comment

....yes, I heard Terry Griffiths mention that as well, and I think it's more of a habit with the players that they seem to do naturally whilst concentrating.

Lol....xx
      sigpic

Comment

I have known people to practice this down the club, its soooo studid, just because a pro does it they want it do it, these guys are concentrating so much on moving their finger that they miss every shot.

Comment

A few pros were asked why they do it of course. Some say it's just a habit indeed, a thing they do unconsciously almost. However I have heard Ronnie saying it helps him "relaxing" his bridge hand just before the shot ... Anyway Ferret is right, if you need to concentrate on that it doesn't help your shot!
          Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
          http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

mostly just a natural thing monique that creeps into the game, i think with Ronnie he knows why he does it but doesnt do it on purpose, nobody should be encouraged to do it and its hard to get rid of when it creeps in so is probably best to leave it alone after that stage.

Comment

Doing this naturally is harmless I think, trying to add it in to your game would be really stupid. I don't know if I still do this, and the first time I found out I did was when someone told me, I think that's the only way you can get away with it, when you don't even know you're doing it at the time.
              Alex Higgins "If I knew you were comin I'd have baked a cake, baked a cake, baked a cake"

Comment

i do this when playing cue sports, i have noticed it... all i can put it down to really is me trying to get my fingers comfortable on the table... altho that too sounds silly... i really dont know y

Comment

Same here. Certainly not intentional and it only happens occasionly, perhaps when I'm concentrating more ... ?! It's a very minor movement and not the sort of wag that you see from some players!

Comment

As a coach i would not recommend twitching your finger or anything but i do it naturally and always have since i took up the game. It actually helps with timing and thats the best way i can really explain it. I never had to practice doing it and i could not tell you what the rythm is that i tap out but i think its roughly the same each time!
                    coaching is not just for the pros
                    www.121snookercoaching.com

Comment

I have heard that the twiching only happens when you do an "open bridge" and not when you do a "closed bridge" (I don't know if you call it so in English. Open bridge is like they do in snooker, closed bridge like lot of pool player does: Forefinger across the cue). So, I think, there must be a korrelation between the posture of the hand and the twiching.

To prove that, I hope some of the "un-intentional middle finger twichers" can answer my questions.

Does the twiching also happens if you make a bridge hand - without using a cue? I mean, if the hand is on the table, the thumb is hoisted etc. but there is no cue in the channel between thumb and hand (Like if you are trying to pot a ball without using a cue?)

Or does it only happens if you are moving your cue backwards and forwards?

Has anybody noticed that it happens more often in difficult pots then in easy pots? Or is it as often in difficult as in easy pots?

Comment

i tend to do it if it's an easy or difficult pot!
                        "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Its a nervous twitch the creeps into peoples game, Tony Meo was famous for his twitch.
                          If you look at Davis, Hendry or even Ronnie game today and look back to 5 years, you will see that there fingers were still. I was told years ago that because a snooker player is so still on a shot that your fingers to the left of your thumb and bridge finger are all but free and it the nerves that cause this to happen. True or not i dont know but it makes sense, ????

Comment

I tend to do this twitch after I've took the shot,it kind of releases the tension I guess

Comment

Its just a habit. I do it too, am I a pro now?
                              Who needs 'The Rocket' , When RaNeN is here!

Comment

Working...
                              X