Favourite 'tit-bit' from this year's WC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favourite 'tit-bit' from this year's WC

I love the 'between sessions' antics that the BBC do; all those ref questions, 'training station', mastermind etc etc. Hazel, Steve and John are great together - get Dennis in for a few sessions and I crack up listening to them, but what 'off the table' elements have you enjoyed the most this year?

A new edition that I've really liked, although only lasting thirty seconds or so, has been the 'Where are they now?' clips shown at the end of Snooker Extra each night. They alone have been almost worth stopping up until 3am for.
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Being in the States, it'd be nice if those "Where Are They Now" clips end up online someday.
    "And I'd give him my right arm to have his cue action - poetry in motion."

Ronnie O'Sullivan on Steve Davis

Comment

I saw the Mastermind with JP, but sadly I'm going to miss out on most of these little extras
      Das war ein FLUKE! Ein Glückstreffer!

Comment

...I've missed the mastermind sessions so far, but like the training station meet and greets, JP/Shaun/Mark are good at putting people at ease.

Also like the 'where are they now' clips, and the music makes me laugh, which is surprising for a headbanger .

.....the Michaela Tabb interview was interesting too, although didn't recognise her at first.

And was a bit surprised as well at some of the 'celebs' who are interested in the game, plus the interviews, and liked the Gary Lineker one.

Lol....xx
        sigpic

Comment

Yes i like "where are they now" but a few clips from previous world finals from the 70s, 80, and 90s wouldn't go a miss
          "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

They used to show a few old matches during quiet moments. They often would have a half hour or so break in the afternoons called Snooker Break, where they'd look at various interesting things, maybe interview a Past Master or something.

Funniest thing this year for me was the "sock" incident. I was sat behind the person involved at the time. This fella took his shoe's off while sat watching the snooker and he had his feet up on the back of the seat in front, right next to the guy in the next row. Clive Everton in the commentary said something like, "very intimate here at the Crucible, that gentleman has a smelly sock almost in his ear". That brought a few laughs, then he added, "Well... "I have no evidence that the sock is, in fact, smelly... "indeed it may be clean on only an hour or so ago!" LMFAO

Was anyone watching this on TV at the time? From sat in the arena I had only Clive talking through my ear-piece to go by.

Comment

Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
              They used to show a few old matches during quiet moments. They often would have a half hour or so break in the afternoons called Snooker Break, where they'd look at various interesting things, maybe interview a Past Master or something.

Funniest thing this year for me was the "sock" incident. I was sat behind the person involved at the time. This fella took his shoe's off while sat watching the snooker and he had his feet up on the back of the seat in front, right next to the guy in the next row. Clive Everton in the commentary said something like, "very intimate here at the Crucible, that gentleman has a smelly sock almost in his ear". That brought a few laughs, then he added, "Well... "I have no evidence that the sock is, in fact, smelly... "indeed it may be clean on only an hour or so ago!" LMFAO

Was anyone watching this on TV at the time? From sat in the arena I had only Clive talking through my ear-piece to go by.
              it was as funny on the tv mate.

Comment

Originally Posted by Semih_Sayginer View Post
                it was as funny on the tv mate.
                It was one of those where the audience members who have the ear-pieces on, are desperately trying not to laugh out loud! A classic from Sir Clive!

Comment

Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
                  It was one of those where the audience members who have the ear-pieces on, are desperately trying not to laugh out loud! A classic from Sir Clive!
                  oh i wasnt laughing at Clives comments. just at the sock and how close to the players seats it was situated

Comment

haha i think i remember it.. was it from friday nights match with ebdon v king?

Comment

Yes i remember it was from Friday afternoon. I had noticed the sock in question before Clive even commented on it. I'm sure come the end of the tournament the BBC will do their look back at the championship will no doubt we will see sock gate again!
                      "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

One of the between sessions moments I miss most are the 'memories' vignettes - the wonderful backroom, editing boys putting together some old footage along with classic songs from the time. Why don't hey do them anymore?
                        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Marc View Post
                          haha i think i remember it.. was it from friday nights match with ebdon v king?
                          no, i dont think so

John Higgins was playing in the match

Comment

no, i dont think so

indeed. have a look at the funny moments on beep site ...
                            Thoses socks might well have been smelly
                            Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
                            http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

no, i dont think so

And one hour later he had suffered a surprise exit against Day
                              Jus joking I don´t know which day it was filmed, but John certainly hasn´t noticed anything.
                              ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                              "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Working...
                              X