Ticket Sales for World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ticket Sales for World Championship

Can anyone tell me the earliest that you can order tickets for the World Championships. This year I waited until February and printed off the online form and was lucky to get the 2 semi-final sessions on the Thursday but other availability was limited. The tickets and booking form had obviously been available for some time but how early can you apply?

The booking form is usually out in december with a deadline to send it in by january.

After that, its first come first served though they tend to mostly sell out in january.
    I Love Snook!

Comment

Originally Posted by kellie-text View Post
      The booking form is usually out in december with a deadline to send it in by january.

After that, its first come first served though they tend to mostly sell out in january.
      A guy at the crucible ticket-hotline told me, that there is no first come first served policy. they put all booking forms in a big box and make a draw. I've sent my booking form very early (november) and got my tickets much later than people who had sent their booking forms in january. I didn't get all the tickets I wanted, because some matches were already sold out.

Comment

Originally Posted by Kyra View Post
        A guy at the crucible ticket-hotline told me, that there is no first come first served policy. they put all booking forms in a big box and make a draw. I've sent my booking form very early (november) and got my tickets much later than people who had sent their booking forms in january. I didn't get all the tickets I wanted, because some matches were already sold out.
        Sorry, i meant after the january deadline its first come first served.
        I Love Snook!

Comment

Do you also get into the draw when you order your preferred tickets by phone or directly at the box office as soon as you know the match number of your favourite player? I mean, donĀ“t you get the tickets handed out right away?
          ALI FOR WORLD CHAMP 2012

Comment

Originally Posted by Kathrin View Post
            Do you also get into the draw when you order your preferred tickets by phone or directly at the box office as soon as you know the match number of your favourite player? I mean, donĀ“t you get the tickets handed out right away?
            As much as I know, the booking via phone starts after the deadline, that kelli-text mentioned. They will tell you if tickets are availbale or not. Same goes for the online sale and the sale at the boxoffice. Problem here might be, that some matches will be sold out at this time because the processing of the booking forms started earlier.
            My experience this year was, that people who went directly to the boxoffice when the tournament startet, got very good tickets for nearly all matches (rows A to D) and even got ticket for the finals. This made me a bit angry, because my seats where really bad this year. Why should I order via booking form and get the lousiest seats in the auditorium when I can get the best seats at the boxoffice ? Ok, it's a bit risky if who want tickets for specific matches

Comment

Originally Posted by Kyra View Post
              Thanks, but when is the booking form available and where can you get it from at the earliest opportunity? Also, when the form is available is it possible to call the booking office at the same time or can you only use the form up until January 14th?

Comment

Originally Posted by kpg29890 View Post
                Thanks, but when is the booking form available and where can you get it from at the earliest opportunity? Also, when the form is available is it possible to call the booking office at the same time or can you only use the form up until January 14th?
                Around the end of November/start of December, you can send a stamped addressed envelope to the Crucible box office and they will post the form to you when it's available.

It is usually enclosed with December's edition of both Cue Sport and Snooker Scene magazines.

Box office address:

World Snooker Box Office
                Crucible Theatre
                55 Norfolk Street
                SHEFFIELD
                S1 1DA

Comment

Originally Posted by The Statman View Post
                  Around the end of November/start of December, you can send a stamped addressed envelope to the Crucible box office and they will post the form to you when it's available.

It is usually enclosed with December's edition of both Cue Sport and Snooker Scene magazines.

Box office address:

World Snooker Box Office
                  Crucible Theatre
                  55 Norfolk Street
                  SHEFFIELD
                  S1 1DA
                  is that still the case during Crucible renovations?

Comment

Originally Posted by kpg29890 View Post
                    Last year the booking form was also available online at worldsnooker.com. This time they were even faster than the Crucible But I would not rely on that.
                    The phone lines for ordering tickets will open sometime after the deadline. Up til then you can only use the booking form.

Originally Posted by Semih_Sayginer View Post
                    is that still the case during Crucible renovations?
                    That is a very good question Perhaps the box office will be the first part of the Crucible that will be finished

Comment

Working...
                    X