Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is O'Sullivan the most discombobulated number 1 ever?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by janverhaas View Post
    Ronnie is about 31 now I think and not many win championships after that so at 34 he will probably be too old. Players like Maguire,Murphy,and Selby will be improved by then and will be too good for Ronnie then but maybe on a certain day with a good draw Ronnie could still win. Remember also that other players will be coming through. Ronnie will not play on if he keeps losing.
    34 is not that old in snooker 37/38 then ok (ronnie will not play on if he keeps losing ) IF thats something we will have to wait and see . i am not a idiot though i know he's not going to win forever i just think your writing him of abit to soon.

Comment

Originally Posted by janverhaas View Post
      Frameandfortune,

You are not helping your cause by making talking like this. It may be funny but not many people understand this humour. I am not a fan of Ronnie but his snooker is very good and this no one can deny that. He won't be around for much longer and I wonder what you will comment on then?

Jan

I will focus on the snooker and not have to hear rubbish from Parrott and Davis about how much that hate Hendry because he was too good for them! O'Sullivan is discombobulated rubbish!

Comment

ahhhh dont bother replying to this plank, all he wants to do is wind people up and call them Ronnie fan boys even when you disslike the guy yourself. He will do his best to keep you going as long as he can, dont waste your breath on the ass

Comment

Originally Posted by frameandfortunereturns View Post
          Jan

I will focus on the snooker and not have to hear rubbish from Parrott and Davis about how much that hate Hendry because he was too good for them! O'Sullivan is discombobulated rubbish!

Hendry has had his time and we all appreciated his brilliance. This era is very open and no one is dominating which is good for the game and O'Sullivan is still playing well enough to win tournaments and the standard is still high. It is still good overall, although not as good as when Higgins, Williams, O'Sullivan were in their early 20s. Times change and maybe in 3 years time we will have another Davis or Hendry at the top of the game?

Comment

Oooh, how I love the smell of wind-up merchants in the morning! We do have a long snookerless summer in front of us so it's understandable to a point, though...
            And that will be my sole contribution over here, since this kind of thread bores me than a best-of-43 World final ended in a decider and whose highest break is 12. Made in 5 minutes.
            S.P.I.L.F.

Comment

Frame your post is an insult to all professional snooker players on the tour. This WC was far from the worse standard ever seen and if, yes, the final was anti-climactic - with Ali far too tired to be able to give ROS a decent opposition and ROS not finding his stride there - other moments of it have given us some excellent snooker for all tastes.
              ROS performed at the highest level in spells (3 thr session against Williams and 2 sc sessions against both Wembo and Hendry) and if you can't accept the praise Hendry himself gave to it, it says a lot about your sick hatred of the man.
              Ali and Perry offered us an enthralling and certainly not weak semi-final and most certainly none of them there deserve the "second-string" rating.
              The thriller of the Championship came out of the clash between Swail and Wenbo. The latter being a very refreshing presence in the venerable Crucible.
              Hendry himself, to reach the semi played out of his skin, and at nearly forty proved he's still a contender and he's finally coming to terms with some necessary changes in his approach of the game. I have no doubts he can still win ...
              And we all know how easy they are nowadays but still, the two maxis ignited the championship, got the crowd in standing ovation ... and each in their own style were artwork.
              I you can't appreciate all this because you hate one player that much it obfuscates your mind completely ... go and find yourself another sport of choice. Maybe the "Over-eighty Ladies Bridge Championship" held in the Hoosteeplu Presbytery this summer might do ... It's unlikely you hear any lewd comments over there indeed (altough nowadays? )
              Last edited by Monique; 20 May 2008, 06:28 AM.
              Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
              http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

The final was boring, but up till the final it was by far the best World Championship. I don't like O'Sulivan, but i must agree that he thought a lesson to his oponents. I don't know why some of you say that he will retire. What i saw from him this whole season tells me that he will stay in the top 16 for at least 10-15 years and he will win lots of tournaments.

Comment

I think it's the time to ask amnesty for Signal Fire, after all he was banned for what frameandfortunereturns is allowed freely to do.

P.S. get back mugello as well, that would be an even nicer company.
                  ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

I kind of miss Signal Fire on this forum

Comment

@ f+fr

im not a fan of ROS at all, though i admit hes a fantastic player.

i disagree with (almost) all youve put in this thread [but i dont think you should be told to **** off by others due to your opinion, no matter how few share them]

Comment

Working...
                      X