How fast a snookerball travels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How fast a snookerball travels?

Do anyone have a idea how many km/h a snookerball travels? ex how many km/h the blue ball when you pott it and meanwhile split the pack of reds, a powershot. Do anyone have a idea?
    #Age: 22 HB#: 82 #Cue: Mike Wooldridge Vintage Cue # Tip: Mike Wooldridge BlackSpin #Best performance in tournament: Semi-final in an "open to all" Swedish tournament 2015, Swedish U16 tournament champion October 2007 #Current rank in Sweden: 15

Not sure if this directly answers the question, but the small Aramith brochure I got with my pool-sized snooker ball set notes that cue balls accelerate from 0 to 30 km/h (about 20 MPH) in a fraction of a second, as soon as they are struck.
    "And I'd give him my right arm to have his cue action - poetry in motion."

Ronnie O'Sullivan on Steve Davis

Comment

The hardest ever pool break recorded was 36 miles an hour, with most break averaging 15-20. Anything over 20 is pretty spectacular. So I'm guessing around 10-15 miles an hour.

Comment

A break shot in pool can reach over 50 km/h /(30mph).

Comment

It seems pretty lame when it's easy enough to smack a tennis or golf ball over 100mph. But that must be down to the friction of the cloth and the crooked manner one must assume to strike a billiard ball with fair fervour.
          I would like a speed gun designed particularly for pool breaks because it's got to be more than 30mph when one performs a brutal slam, doesn't it? Perhaps not.

Comment

Surely it stands to reason that the swing of a golf club, cricket bat or tennis racket allows for considerably more acceleration and final velocity never mind the advantage of the extension to your arm. For cuing how much distance do you have? Maybe at most a bit more than a foot, not much chance to reach more than the 30 mph mentioned.

Comment

how can you know the speed of a cue ball? are there any laser-weapons in the local snookerclubs??? or just guessed?? If anyone has got such a thing at the table the results will be very interesting and which player played!!! I think it varies from player to player...my opinion

Comment

They do use speed guns on break shots for some of the televised American pool tournaments. I think that's where all the numbers are coming from. Very rare you'd ever want to hit a ball that hard in snooker.

Comment

a ball hit hard on a snooker table should be faster than a pool break - it has more space to gain speed in - but nobody ever hits a ball that hard playing snooker!
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                    a ball hit hard on a snooker table should be faster than a pool break - it has more space to gain speed in - but nobody ever hits a ball that hard playing snooker!
                    Well, the "soft break" we all know in modern snooker today was not always the preferred option early on in the game:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=u5hvSrvjpKw - 3:02 in

I doubt anyone will be splitting the pack that way in modern play.

Comment

quinten hann ?
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                        quinten hann ?
                        I was waiting for someone to mention that :snooker: Is there video of his anger management exercise?

Comment

Working...
                        X