Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please

Hi , this is my first post , I am an average ability player , but my claim to fame is, i once played in snooker team, that contained the current male 9 ball world champ , and the current ladies world 8 ball pool champ .

My question , many snooker , clubs are introducing , strip lighting above the tables ,doing away with the old style shade and bulbs , some of these lighting designs are ok ,but some are far too bright . Can anybody provide myself ,with information as to how the table is illuminated during tv tounaments . I have tried to email the BBC , but with no avail . Or what is the best system to use .

Our club is about to change the lighting, and i want it not to look like the opening credits ,of Close Encounters .
    thanks .

Hello, welcome to the forum, any more questions please don't be afraid to ask!

From my understanding, the television table lights are as follows:

In professional championships and the world championship included, flourescent lighting is used. These lights either have a diffusers to spread the light or a series of strips that do throw a different reflection on the top of a ball than the traditional and standard club lighting. The TV table lights have much less intense shadows underneath the balls because of the more even spread of light, the heat from these lights also mean that the table will play a little bit faster. The TV lights are also much higher up than club lighting of course.

I hope this helps you,

bongo.

:snooker:
    Last edited by bongo; 15 August 2008, 10:53 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Thank you , Could you elaborate on the "strips " that are used , and do you know what type of diffuser is used . thanks , to anybody that can help .

Comment

Originally Posted by highbreak 8 View Post
        and do you know what type of diffuser is used.
        I think that would be a trade secret! But I only know that they are just strips of lights, i'm not sure what diffuser is used, maybe you could contact World Snooker Services the table fitters, www.world-snooker.co.uk.

bongo

Comment

Working...
        X