Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help advice needed

Hi people

I am wondering if you guy might be able to help me on a problem that occurred in my local snooker league.

I was playing a frame and we got down to the pink and the black. All the guy needed was the pink to win and I needed pink and black. He potted the pink and then PLAYED the black. (He admitted at the time that he didn’t know he had won the frame). The guy missed the black and went in-off, So 6 points to him and 7 to me. There was a huge discussion at the time what this means and what needs to happen next! Once we chatted, I got down and played the black and won the frame.

I need to know what the rules are as the other team are saying that my opponent won the frame because it doesn’t matter what happens on the black.

Can anyone share any light on this situation?

Thanks in advance.

Nick

not sure on the rules but if there is balls on the table and you didn't concede then I would take it the frame wasn't finished. So his lapse of consentration lost him the game.

Comment

Thats what I thought, Surly it's not his game?!?!

Comment

Sorry, but I think the frame should've been his.

Check the official rules, section 4 (End of frame):
        4. End of Frame, Game or Match
        (a) When only the Black is left, the first score or foul ends the frame excepting only if the following conditions both apply:
        (i) the scores are then equal, and
        (ii) aggregate scores are not relevant.
        When only the black was left he was at least 8 points ahead. His foul then ended the frame, and he was still ahead on points, so he wins.
        Last edited by Robert602; 24 September 2008, 12:46 AM. Reason: added link

Comment

if sall he needed was pink then once the pink was potted it is end o frame....period, end of story, nuff said.....no more debate needed...

glad you are lucky enough not to deal with aggregate point as well....we have to play all balls out on all but the last frame
          Its not how well you play its how good you look playing that counts!

Comment

You can only score on the final black once in your case. Game was over when he fouled on the black. If you needed both black and pink, then you would not have won with only 7 points, so you lost.
            What is aggregate score?
            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

he won. the game is already over.
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

in my opinion it is not, if he didnt attempt the black it would of been........
                but since he did then he fouled and his oppoinent can now win.

the out come that you won is correct

Comment

unfortunetly matty boy it doesn't matter what you think!! the rules are clear. as soon as it was impossible for him to win the frame it was over regardless of what happens afterwards.
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

he won the frame when he potted the pink...he could of just blasted the black off the table, it would of made no difference....frame was his...:snooker:
                    Blown away

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                      unfortunetly matty boy it doesn't matter what you think!! the rules are clear. as soon as it was impossible for him to win the frame it was over regardless of what happens afterwards.
                      not arguing with ya here mate, but since he went for the black and fouled then he gave his oppoinent a chance to win the frame.
                      how come like anyone else after potting the pink didnt he shake the other blokes hand. as it was over.

like when u see ronnie knock in a ton and goes for a colour not on...... "foul 4, ronnie o sullivan 126, mark selby 4."
                      a fouls a foul i thought

Comment

1. Frame
                        A frame of snooker comprises the period of the play from the first stroke, with all the balls set as described in Section 3 Rule 2, until the frame is completed by:
                        (a) concession by any player during his turn,
                        (b) claim by the striker when only the Black remains and there is more than seven points difference between the scores in his favour,
                        (c) the final pot or foul when only the Black remains, or
                        (d) being awarded by the referee under Section 3 Rule 14(c) or Section 4 Rule 2.

Surely the chap who potted the pink didn't use rule 1(b) - ie he could have claimed the frame at that point - but instead went on to play the black and foul, bigbreak147 wins the frame ...

My point being rule 1(b) clearly states the player has to *claim* he's won the frame

Comment

once the pink was potted it was end of frame...Period.

He is 8 up and therefore a foul on the black is irrelevant he cannot win even with the 7 points.............

He pots the pink and shakes hands its that simple

Comment

Otherwise what you naysayers are saying is that you can take 15 reds + blacks colours 120 points......

then take the black for a max and go in off on it and you've lost the frame?????

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
                              1. Frame
                              A frame of snooker comprises the period of the play from the first stroke, with all the balls set as described in Section 3 Rule 2, until the frame is completed by:
                              (a) concession by any player during his turn,
                              (b) claim by the striker when only the Black remains and there is more than seven points difference between the scores in his favour,
                              (c) the final pot or foul when only the Black remains, or
                              (d) being awarded by the referee under Section 3 Rule 14(c) or Section 4 Rule 2.

Surely the chap who potted the pink didn't use rule 1(b) - ie he could have claimed the frame at that point - but instead went on to play the black and foul, bigbreak147 wins the frame ...

My point being rule 1(b) clearly states the player has to *claim* he's won the frame
                              agree with DandyA here
                              yes these are the rules we play by in my league

Comment

Working...
                              X