Non Pro Snooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non Pro Snooker

we all talk on here about the Pro's and their qualities and exploits and rightly so their talents should get talked about and comparisons made, it happens in all sports

But..how about non pro snooker...Amateur snooker over the years..Are there any memories, any great displays, any memorable breaks, shots, achievements outside the pro ranks, possibly from yesteryear that stick in peoples memories??

Maybe the first time you steped into a club?, your towns best player making the first century you ever saw winning his 100th singles title on the bounce? An unknown amateur winning a pro am who has now gone onto become a Pro??

Give it some thought???
    Its not how well you play its how good you look playing that counts!

As a referee, my best memory is when I reffed at the 2004 U19's European Championship in Wellingborough. Think I was refereeing the match with the tournament's highest break, 135. Also amongst the players were Judd Trump, Mark Allen, Jamie O Neil and referee Brendan Moore.
    You are only the best on the day you win.

Comment

Liam Highfield made a 147 maximum in event 1 of the Premier Junior Tour. It is his first in match and practice.

Good one Liam!

Comment

me making a 69 break to win by a point with blue, pink and black and every red tied up on the cushion! it got so funny the entire club was laughing as each unbelieveable double or cushion shot went in one after another i still laugh when i think about it now i think if i remember correctly i made 6 or 7 doubles in a row! oh how i wish i could be half as good consistantly!
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
          me making a 69 break to win by a point with blue, pink and black and every red tied up on the cushion! it got so funny the entire club was laughing as each unbelieveable double or cushion shot went in one after another i still laugh when i think about it now i think if i remember correctly i made 6 or 7 doubles in a row! oh how i wish i could be half as good consistantly!
          Would pay to watch that.
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

i would give almost anything to do it again!
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

sounds like my league matches to me

i get in front and some guy starts doubling them

Comment

Got squillions of incredible memories from amateur snooker.

Just one occasion was a match in a Pro-Am, where a friend of mine was receiving 14 start from another Welsh player who was professional at the time., winning 2 - 0, but only after the pro player had made two breaks of 70 plus.

Amazing stuff that.

Comment

Working...
                X