Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sanding/filing tip.

Just one question.

Can a Nail file be used to sand your tip?

As in the nail file used by females.

Thanks for all replies in advance.

Nicholas

I use one & it works just fine (the wooden one that is).
    Give'em hell, Mark :snooker:

Comment

lol. interesting. my mum uses them metal ones so i might steal one from her. hopefully that should be okay too lol.

Thanks anyway

Comment

Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
        lol. interesting. my mum uses them metal ones so i might steal one from her. hopefully that should be okay too lol.

Thanks anyway
        I personally also use a metal file ... the danger with sand-paper or glass-paper based products is that bits of sand or glass will come-off and embed themselves in the tip ... I guess the same applies to those emery-board thingies ...

I read very recently somewhere (probably on this forum) about ladies Crystal nail files ... they last forever so bits cannot come off them ..

So I went into my local Boots store and, rather embarassed, asked a girlie assistant to show me where they were ... it actually took her a good couple of minutes to find them amongst the half aisle of products devoted to female nail-care ...

But she did ... and they looked cool ... they look like they are all glass moulded into a rough surface ...

Only problem is a single file was £13 so I guess I'll stick with a metal file ...
        Last edited by DandyA; 29 September 2008, 11:03 PM.

Comment

would need to be fine. the wooden ones - emery boards - are too rough.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I use a metal nail file.

It is small enough to keep in my cue case.

Once a week when cleaning my cue, I also roughen up the tip.

Useful also if you miscue.

It takes a long time to shape a new tip with a nail file, but the advantage is that you can control the shaping to your requirements.

There is nothing to be embarassed about - males need to file their finger nails just as much as females.

Comment

Working...
            X