Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules

Today I had a small problem in the game regarding the rules.My opponent potted the blue and the blue spot was occupied and so were all the others.As I had read some where that the colours , when the colours spots are occupied , then the colour comes closest to its spot towards the black.Is this right.My opponent refused , he said that it would come behind the black.What is correct.....if i am correct could you give me some website where the rule is stated so that I can show them alll.Thank You
    Who needs 'The Rocket' , When RaNeN is here!

Hi Ranen,

I believe the ruling is this.

From the Black cushion - in line, infront of the black - towards the balls spot.

In other words I think it'll be snug behind the pack of reds.
    If you cast your mind back to any televised match that involves the pink, the ref would place it behind the pack even though there would be room around the black.

I suppose the ruling was like that to stop non-spottable balls tying up the high value ones and not being pottable.

Hope this helps and anyone else please correct me if I've got the wrong end of the cue.

Comment

I'm afraid you have the wrong end of the cue!

If all spots are occupied, the ball is placed as close to its own spot as possible, in a direct line towards the top (black-end) cushion.

Just visualise the pink being re-spotted in this situation. It is not placed behind the black spot, it is placed behind its own.

And (this can only happen with black and pink) if there is no room because the whole line is covered with other balls, you then place it in the other direction – towards the baulk cushion.

Comment

Working...
      X