re-tipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re-tipping

i am re-tipping my cue ,i have had a few wafers given to me but not sure the correct way to use them ,can any one help please.

click here to find out something ghosty... the wafer's I first saw were of the type you wetted (apparently) then the glue inside moistened so it stck to your ferrule and the tip at the same time so it ended up as the filling of a tip sandwich.

The way I've tweaked how I re-tip cues now, uses a form of wafer but have a look here to see exactly what I mean.

When you run out of these wafers you can use a choice of materials to replace them; I seemed to have been awarded, "re-tippin man", status in our club so I must be doing something right.... better than the other guy who used to do it; £1.50 and they fall off.

Hi btw. Oh, and don't forget about the 'search' feature, there's quite a few different topics already been thrown up you might have found useful. ;-) Let us know how you get on - pix if you want, I'm curious what these wafers look like; the ones I'm remembering are from 20 years ago and in the bottom of a dusty unused box-o-bits, I thought they were snooker spots!
    Head Still... Follow Through... Keep it Tight... Never Give Up... Ton 'em if you can!

Comment

What exactly are wafers?
      Who needs 'The Rocket' , When RaNeN is here!

Comment

Originally Posted by ranen
        What exactly are wafers?

you usually have them with ice cream, I prefer a '99' with a flake myself!

Comment

Working...
        X