Maximum points scored in consecutive shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximum points scored in consecutive shots

Does anybody know whats the maximum number of points one can score ina frame of snooker in consecutive shots? Consecutive shots is not a "break" , but similar. Remember in 1 frame only. Any wild guesses?
    Who needs 'The Rocket' , When RaNeN is here!

Nobody as yet? Is the question understood? Reverseside I thought you would know the answer?

Comment

I was out at a snooker event; so the question isn't what's the most points possible (ie 155)? And it's not somehow potting all 15 reds in one shot? And you're not classing consecutive shots as a break.... ya gat meh; fair cop guv.

another clue maybe, this is fun. (I'll have to pose another one of mine for you quizzees)
      Head Still... Follow Through... Keep it Tight... Never Give Up... Ton 'em if you can!

Comment

Its not 15 reds in one shot. Ill give u an hint its 16 reds 16 blacks and all the colours still the frame isnt won. I suppose thats a great hint.

Comment

so we're talking; how many fouls one after the other can a person make before they need snookers and then can't have the balls replaced? Let's ignore where handicaps are being used?

But then not having the balls replaced may just mean you foul because you miss the ball altogether and then maybe snoker yourself and keep being put back in..... brain-ache is coming.

Someone else have a pop.
          Head Still... Follow Through... Keep it Tight... Never Give Up... Ton 'em if you can!

Comment

You are almost there....!

Comment

I'm not really sure I understand the question. By consecutive shots, do you mean that all the shots in a row are played by one player? In that case, how about this:

Player 1 breaks off, hits the pink first and leaves a free ball (6-0). Player 2 pots free ball, black, followed by 15 reds and blacks, followed by yellow, green and brown. After the brown, he is snookered somehow on the blue. The score at this point is 143-0. He attempts to hit the blue but fouls, misses, and is put back in until the score is 143-155 (that's 31 misses, must have had a beer or two). He tries again to hit the blue but this time hits the pink. 143-161. On this final attempt, he hits and flukes the blue, follows it up with pink and black to go 161-161. His opponent wins the RSB toss, puts him back in and he cuts the black in to win the frame 168-161, all without his opponent playing a shot (apart from the break off). That gives an aggregate frame score of 329, 323 of which are scored while Player 2 is at the table.

Am I close?

Edit: Failed to realise that misses couldn't be given to a player a hundred and odd points behind. No problem really. We just have to imagine that player 2 is unfortunate enough to snooker himself again every time he tries to hit the blue, and his opponent elects to put him back in rather than accept the free ball.

Comment

You are alomost there. The first foul is not taken as "points scored by a player in a shot" as its a foul. Half of your answer is correct , cant tell you which half though....!

Comment

Should I spill the beans yet????

Comment

Does anyone wanna have one last go on it?

Comment

go on then ranen, let the beans run free....

Comment

Ok, here it is. Player1 and Player2 are playing a game of snooker. The maximum points that can br scored are 155 in a break. So now Player1 makes continous fouls of 155 points and leave Player2 with a free ball. So now Player2 takes some colour as the free ball and takes the balck and clears the table taking 16 reds 16 blacks and 6 colours=155 points. Now the scores are tied at 155-155. The black is now respotted Player1 is put into play he plays some shot. The black isnt safe Player2 pots the black. So now the maximum points that can be scored in consecutive shots is 162.

Get it guys?

Comment

just by reading the first part tho Ranen; when a ref looks at a table with 15 reds left, they think "there's 147 points on the table", not 155. You don't count the fact that after a foul you can conceivably be left a free ball and then take a black with it....

...so on the 37th foul, the player would be 148 behind and THEN couldn't be called a miss.

Comment

... having a quick lateral analysis tho, the most you could be behind is 154. That's 147-0 behind then hit the black out of the last attempt 147+7=154 and then no miss would be called. But like Rob says - beer induced foul-fest whichever way this ended up. Show me the mpeg!

Comment

The player makes 37 fouls. Thats 148...then hits the black.Thats 155.

Comment

Working...
                              X