UK vs US Snooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK vs US Snooker

Reading through this web page, I never knew that the yanks play to a different rule book; have a look at this web page http://departments.weber.edu/wildcat...rVersions.html to see the differences, which are numerous.

For any of our American buds (SD), is this true? E.g. a foul for not making a ball hit the cushion if you don't pot anything (would make roll-ups impossible and the break-off onerous) , numbered colours, no foul for hitting 2 colours at the same time but your 'innings' ends, no touching ball etc.

It seems like "American Snooker" is trying to take some ideas from pool.... but is this right?
    Head Still... Follow Through... Keep it Tight... Never Give Up... Ton 'em if you can!

Ive never actually met someone from the USA who plays snooker. I keep meaning to find a snooker club when im next over there to see what its like.

Comment

Originally Posted by reverse_side
      Reading through this web page, I never knew that the yanks play to a different rule book; have a look at this web page http://departments.weber.edu/wildcat...rVersions.html to see the differences, which are numerous.

For any of our American buds (SD), is this true? E.g. a foul for not making a ball hit the cushion if you don't pot anything (would make roll-ups impossible and the break-off onerous) , numbered colours, no foul for hitting 2 colours at the same time but your 'innings' ends, no touching ball etc.

It seems like "American Snooker" is trying to take some ideas from pool.... but is this right?
      If it's true, I have to say that this "american snooker" sucks... They should better stay playing their 9 ball, with pockets big enough for bowling balls, and where they can apply 10 tons of power on a shot...
      Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Americans are idiots. I see 'timeouts' and 'sin bins' on the horizon for american snooker. muppets.

Yeah.....

Comment

Working...
        X