Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing and Drinking

Happy New Year!

I have noticed of late that I seem to play much better after having had a drink or two. I think my confidence is much better but also maybe that I concentrate more on each shot as I am aware I am more "relaxed" and as such play it better.

While not quite at the level of dear old Bill Werbeniuk who I understand used to drop 10+ pints before a match, I wonder if this is good for me or not.

It usually makes me play better to the point my opponents mention it, but is it good for me or not?

Anybody else find this?

Very interesting as I play worse! Whatever works for you buddy continue doing it I say!!
    Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
    Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

I think also that when faced with a 50/50 or 40/60 shot I go for it more than normally. With the same level of enhanced concentration I find I make them more than not. I think it might just be a confidence thing in the end?

Comment

Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
        I think also that when faced with a 50/50 or 40/60 shot I go for it more than normally. With the same level of enhanced concentration I find I make them more than not. I think it might just be a confidence thing in the end?

Absolutely. The booze definately makes you more confident in all walks of life and indeed snooker in your case
        Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
        Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Happy new year to you paulie. I find if i have a drink it certainly relaxes me but has a drastic affect in regards to my potting and concentration. I have a strict rule now that i never have any kind of alcohol while playing and just stick to Coke. Good for you though if it makes you play better.
          "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

I've seen Jimmy Wh--e and David G--y a few times, and can tell you they are nearly always P***ed up!

So you're going the right way to being a professional player by the sound of things
            Quote : It took me eight hours a day for 16 years to become an overnight sensation! Cliff Thorburn

Comment

Happy New Year Paulie! welcome to the forum. We had a bloke in our club years ago who, if he came in sober on comp night he would be dropped from the team. He played like a demon when p***ed. If you are playing well & confidently with just a couple of ales just keep it to that & enjoy the game.

Comment

Originally Posted by Strickimicki View Post
                I've seen Jimmy Wh--e and David G--y a few times, and can tell you they are nearly always P***ed up!

So you're going the right way to being a professional player by the sound of things
                Not quite judging by David G--y carreer... probably one of the worst waist of talent in the tour sadly.
                Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
                http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

Gray had a bad entourage..he trained with the wrong person
                  "There has only ever been Alex Higgins, myself and now Ronnie O'sullivan who play the game the way it should be played with such excitement - I know the fans love it this way" - Jimmy White

Comment

I have 2 pints religiously before a match. I find i relax alot more and after a hard days grafting it helps to get into the game
                    sigpic <---New Website
                    Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

I play better after taking crack cocain .

Comment

Originally Posted by highbreak 8 View Post
                        I play better after taking crack cocain .
                        It works for you too ?....Glad to see i'm not the only one....
                        "There has only ever been Alex Higgins, myself and now Ronnie O'sullivan who play the game the way it should be played with such excitement - I know the fans love it this way" - Jimmy White

Comment

that's drug, i don't think it can works, drug blur you,
                          play well need concentration,
                          and back to the topic,i got headache after drinking,

Comment

no idea if it helps or not i have never tried to play without a few pints!
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

If you play matches, best of seven, for a pint per frame against a non-drinker it's helps to lose the first couple of frames.

=o)

Noel

Comment

Working...
                              X