Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you change order from frame to frame in doubles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you change order from frame to frame in doubles?

I was playing a doubles match the other night and my opponent kept putting the ball safe before my shot so the next frame me and my partner swapped order as I was losing the plot getting left safe all the time.
    Is this against the rules?
    What is the punishment if it is against the rules?

It's perfectly legal to change order between frames, see 17(b) from the official rules:
    Originally Posted by the WSA
    17. Four-handed Snooker
    (a) In a four-handed game each side shall open alternate frames and the order of play shall be determined at the start of each frame and, when so determined, must be maintained throughout that frame.
    (b) Players may change the order of play at the start of each new frame.
    (c) If a foul is committed and a request to play again is made, the player who committed the foul plays again, even if the foul was made out of turn, and the original order of play is maintained such that the offender’s partner may lose a turn.
    (d) When a frame ends in a tie Section 3 Rule 4 applies. If a re-spotted Black is necessary the pair who play the first stroke have the choice of which player will make that stroke. The order of play must then continue as in the frame.
    (e) Partners may confer during a frame but not
    (i) whilst one is the striker and at the table, nor
    (ii) after the first stroke of the striker’s turn until the break ends.
    Hope that helps

Comment

Nice one.

Cheers mate, you've just made my night!

Comment

Another thing you can do Bunty, is if you win the toss... let your opponents break so it's up to your side what the order is. Another advantage of knowing you an change the order is that it'll really muck your opponents up if they question/argue the matter.... virtually every club has the rules of snooker up on the wall (if not, why not!).

Trying to play the best you can is always the No.1 priority though; thinking of ways to put your opponents off, or that playing safe for your partner is the first thing you think about tends to spoil your own game quite a bit. If you want a more level playing field... enter the handicapped variety of the event (will the PC brigade ever want to chage this wording!)
        Head Still... Follow Through... Keep it Tight... Never Give Up... Ton 'em if you can!

Comment

Working...
        X