Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying my first cue...

Afternoon!

I have just started playing and go at least once a week, but trying to increase that though.

Anyway, my playing partner suggested I buy a cue so I don't have to keep using the s**t house cues, as all the tips are mangled. He also said it would help a bit as I'd get used to using the same cue everytime.

Is this right? I don't have much money so my budget is £20-£30. Is it worth buying one for that price? I saw this deal:

http://www.ontilt.co.uk/procart/prod...r&prodID=46724

and i'm quite tempted to buy, but just wanted to ask some experts before.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Cheers!

P.S - What are the rules on swearing?

I think I have the same cue!I got it for Christmas.I recommend it as a solid 1st cue,Mines still goin strong
    http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/2...erloopyib3.gif

Comment

how sppoky, I'm re-tipping 2 cues at the mo and one of them's this exact one too.

I was amazed at the fact it's a 2 piece design with the 3 piece type butt joint - always thought that that could be a good idea.... until they started adding SD joints into the very end of the cue obviously, but it looks really good. The brass joins are virtually invisible and it's a smooth as silk, straight and of a decent weight; the label says 19oz but on my scales it's 17.8 the tip's 10mm.

£40? yeah, I'd say that would be a good buy because it's got a case and the extension included. Make sure the tip on it is a decent one, or put a Blue Diamond on it straight away.

A great starter cue that you'll find yourself never needing to change it most likely. My first one was an ash one from Argos!

(Rules on swearing - how d'ya mean?)
      Head Still... Follow Through... Keep it Tight... Never Give Up... Ton 'em if you can!

Comment

Working...
      X