• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advices for a new cue...

Bonjour to all!
    I am new here so lets introduce myself.
    I am from Montreal, Quebec and I play snooker since
    1971 when my dad bought us a used Brunswick 6X12 table.

I LOVE the game since...

I bought a Dufferin Snooker cue in 1992 (57" 2 pcs-Maple shaft-18oz) for my 30th Bd
    and since few weeks now, I am looking at UK web sites for
    a new cue. I saw many brands and styles and prices.

I would like to know what is (are) the rating(s) for the Peradon
    cues over the Parris, Woodridge, etc??
    I looked at the Cue Wizard from Peradon and cues you can make seems
    interesting.
    Are peradon good cues???

Do you have comments about them, quality, balance, service, etc and others??
    I unfortunately can,t test UK snooker cues because they are not available here...

My budget is limited but I can afford around £160.

Merci for your time and Snooker is the Best!

(to paraphrased Zappa

"OO"

Just to add the details....

I am looking for a smaller tip size (from 10mm to 9mm), a longer cue lenght (57" to 58"), a weight a bit heavier ( 18oz to 18,5oz) and an ash shaft in the place of the maple one I have now.

Which are the best online stores??

Merci for your time and Snooker is the Best!

(to paraphrased Zappa

"OO"

Comment

Hi OO, I thought you meant Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, or whichever player has a nickname the same as your's!Maybe not a, "Dancin' foo-oo-oo-oo-ool" but a snookering one eh?Welcome and I hope you get the answers you need; £160 is easily enough to get a decent cue with accessories. MY perfect spec would be a centre split 2 piece with an SD screw joint in the butt with a telescopic extension, 19oz & 9mm tip. Small to carry and easy to extend, heavy enough to give power without forcing shots - butt diameter for my hand size, never worried about the balance of a cue.
      Head Still... Follow Through... Keep it Tight... Never Give Up... Ton 'em if you can!

Comment

Hi OO,

I can speak a bit about Peradon cuz I have one myself, a Regency. It's a good cue, good quality, a bit too light for me but it has nothing to do with the brand itself. The ash is good, the finition perfect. Tip size : 9.5mm. Lentgh : 58". Weight : 17.3 oz approximatively (but you can find heavier models of course).

So Peradon is a good brand for sure. But I tend to think Parris is better, though much expensive too! I have three friends of mine who play with Parris cues (Superior, Regal and custom) and there are perfect! The quality of the wood, especially, is better than the one on my Regency.
        Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Merci for your answers...

Uncanny thing for me is that I am going to buy without testing first....
          I can say I know what I am looking for and can achieve a good buy I guess with everything I need but... I know its uncommon.

I read about Parris cues which seems not as good as they were (from posts I read); some says the ash is not the same quality it was..., problems with the splicing, etc.... For my budget, even the cheapest Parris one is too expensive (currency, shipping, etc..)

Please, continue to write about peradon and other brands...

I am still reading....

and in a "Big Leg Emma Dilemma".. @@

"OO"
          \__/

Comment

ive just orderd a craftsman cue, they are nice cues at a good price. you can also have it made to what you want. i cant tell what it plays like as im waiting for it to be delivered. have a look at there web site. www.craftsmancues.com

Comment

You have made a good choice beermonster, I had a cue from there about 3 years ago and they make great cues at a good price. What model did you go for and spec?

Comment

i went for a craftsman partner 57.5" 19oz with a 10m tip. i went for the partner because it was joined at 16" making it a little heavier. witch i feel suited me

Comment

like waiting for Christmas beery... how does the butt joint length alter the weight for you? (do they offer a 50/50 split for cues to make it easier to carry round btw?)
                  Head Still... Follow Through... Keep it Tight... Never Give Up... Ton 'em if you can!

Comment

I have been discussing with M.Ukrit from Mastercue yesterday afternoon on MSN and he sent me the price list for his cues. Nice production, all ¾ joint, 40$usd for the shipping, 2 weeks before receiving the order, seems an interesting proposition for a new cue. They are really looking into the production of a perfect playing cue and also to a perfect customer service which is something to think about also.
                    I am looking for a UK-made cue because of the spirit of the game. Snooker is a british game. Its like asking me to buy maple syrup from China when we are the No 1 producer here!!
                    M.Ukrit told me Mastercue is making mainstream UK Snooker cue brands like Peradon, Parris, Will Hunt and more.
                    Time to think again before making a choice...

Comment

i dont know how the butt joint changes the weight. that was some of the info i was given from craftsman. ive only been waiting just over a week for it so it should be here by next weekend. (i hope) i was not able to try befor i buy because the shop is 400 miles away so i am a little worried. i tried to keep the spec simaler to the cue i use at the mo i just tweeked the things i did not like.

Comment

Who use an acuerate?
                        This cue is really good?

Comment

I finally decided to order a Peradon Custom Made cue from their Wizard web Site after a long look at many places/web sites from UK and even Mastercue in Thailand.

I choose a 2pcs center jointed, 57,5", ash shaft and machine ebony butt, 9mm tip and 18,5oz and name plate + case & extras. I decided to go with a british craftmanship which was my first idea. Mastercue were the runner up...

I hope I made a good choice....

Wait and see in 4 weeks...

"OO"

Comment

that sound good.
                            ive got a craftsman cue on its way its taking ages!

Comment

how much OO? 28 day countdown begins.

Comment

Working...
                              X