Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by beermonster
    that sound good.
    ive got a craftsman cue on its way its taking ages!
    Haven't they given you an approx delivery date? I don't think 2 weeks is ages though, realistically you probably want them to take some time on the cue to make sure they aren't rushing it. If you make a cue too quickly it doesn't give time for the wood to settle and it could warp shortly after having it. You could make a cue in a day as the shafts are, or should be already turned to size. But graining/filling the ash shaft and finishing, matching up the butt and fitting the joint and putting the splices on all takes a few days so you are looking at roughly 2 weeks, 3-4 if the splice work is quite intricate.

Comment

Originally Posted by reverse_side
      how much OO? 28 day countdown begins.
      Around 200£ with the shipping and the extras (tips, case, shaper).

Well, I tried to get the best shiping rates but they were "inflexible" (as a cue is ) to accept Royal Airsure which was the best deal (14£ to here).

They said 4 to 6 weeks which seems ok to me... I am not too worry because I started my quest one month ago so... Craftmanship takes time.

Now its done...

"OO"

Comment

well done,
        let us know when you get it and what it's like. im waiting for my new one at the mo so i know what your going through!

Comment

Cue is in the mail so to speak so I'll receive it within the next few days.

I'll be back...

"OO"
          \__/

Comment

another one looking for a new cue!

I had to change the ferrule to my cue, so its little shorter and it has been too short for in the beginning. So now it's time for me to get a new cue!
            This has been an interesting thread as I have too visited every! website considering snooker cues.

I have couple of choices, the favourite at this moment is craftsman Exclusive cue (cue style: 3/4 butt jointed at 16", length: 59", Weight: 17.5 oz, Tip size: 9.5 mm)

Has anyone have expiriences about craftsmancues and their delivery times on web orders etc.

The one I was thinking too was acuerate cues, have you got those,anyone?

Well, I was sure that when I get a new cue it would be parris, but their delivery times are(for what ive heard) are Much longer than stated in their site and If I were to visit the shop, the travelling costs would be too much.

yep, got to run

Comment

Originally Posted by GilgamesH
              I have couple of choices, the favourite at this moment is craftsman Exclusive cue (cue style: 3/4 butt jointed at 16", length: 59", Weight: 17.5 oz, Tip size: 9.5 mm)
              If I can say, for a cue that long (59"), 17.5oz is a bit light don't you think?? My old Dufferin (Maple) is 57" which is standard and has a 18oz and its ok. The new one is 57.5" and I made it 18.5oz just for it to be balanced...

Are you sure you like a cue that light??

"Oo"?

Comment

Having a cue 3/4 jointed at 16" is certainly pushing it to get the weight down to 17.5oz. I think naturally it will weight at least 18-18.5oz and they will have to drill out some of the ebony to get the weight down which will throw the balance.
                Just a quick question, what's wrong with the other cue, OK you've had a new ferrule which has made it shorter but cues can be made longer. If you like the cue its a shame to chuck it, I'd invest in having it lengthened by a cue doctor. This can be done relatively cheaply, well compared to the price of a new cue anyway.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman
                  If you like the cue its a shame to chuck it, I'd invest in having it lengthened by a cue doctor. This can be done relatively cheaply, well compared to the price of a new cue anyway.
                  I've never been totally satisfied with my cue and have always thought that i have to buy a decent one sometimes...the time is now. It's also very light , something like 17 oz, i dont now. it's surtainly the lightest cue than anyone in our club.

Thanks for advices, maybe i have to get a sligthly heavier then.

Comment

Cue is finally IN!!!
                    Got to go to the club testing it and I'll be back with more comments and photos later...

First impressions => superb craftmanship... Tiny, well balanced and 9mm tip!!

Bye!!

"OO"
                    \__/
                    Y

Comment

Could somebody tell me what is the difference between handspliced and machine spliced butts? Obviously the price but...

Comment

Here are the first photos of the Peradon Custom Cue ordered april 12th 2006 and received tuesday may 23th);

(use this link to my web site for the other photos=> http://www.istop.com/~luco/pool.htm )

First comments:
                        -The cue is well done, tiny, well balanced for a 18.5oz (I will weight it soon). The balance point is at exactly 17" from the butt.
                        -The stripes in the grain match nearly to the perfection at the split. Since I ordered it "oiled", you can see and feel the ash textures from all over the cue, specially at the butt. Its nice on the hand....
                        -The tip is a bit smaller than I thought in comparison to my old cue which I thought was a 10mm but is, in fact, wider than that. I could have ordered a 9.5mm without any problems knowing that now.
                        -The veneers are superbs, not too flashy and the blue one could have been a bit lighter but when in light, the full colors are marvelous.
                        -I played it for 2 hours and took me around 20 minutes to get the touch with the 9mm tip, trying some effects and so on. The push needs not much force to get the ball to run... This cue is powerful even if its tiny. This point will be to learn in the future; I am already playing smoother and my hits are really less hard than before....

-The package was ok; well wrapped. Business was good all over with Mlle Anita from Peradon.

Now, I should improve my game for the next fall season.....

If you have any questions, feel free...

"OO"

Comment

Not a bad looking cue really, I think a machine spliced cue actually looks quite attractive and the veneers look good too. So what is the response like from the cue, is it everything you hoped it would be or is it a bit disappointing?

Comment

Well, like I wrote previously, the cue is responding quite good to my needs and expectations... hopefully!!
                            It was an "internet guess" I have to admit but I knew what I needed so...the dammages are little...like the blue veneer being a bit too dark but its only a detail...
                            The cue is responding well when playing... It has not the same"touch" like my Dufferin maple one has but this Peradon cue is a whole piece... I have to master it....

More infos when I will be playing/testing it few times..

I hope this is helping you...

"OO"

Comment

After a week of break because the weather was TOO hot here, I went to play snooker with a friend today and we played for 3 hours.

The cue is really nice to play with. I noticed that I have to play soft with it and the respond is powerful. The shots are very accurate, specially the long ones with tight cuts.... I do not have to "force" the shot/ball... I have to admit that the 9mm tip size made it more fragile so I am playing softly.

I love the butt size which is a little smaller than my Dufferin one; it is quite pleasant to handle. The sound of the wood is nice too.

I like the grain of the ash (arrow-like) in the shaft that helps me when I make a shot by being a "marker" on the cue, a thing my old cue hasn't since it was maple wood so no apparent grain.

I will master this cue easily because after only 5 hours, I can say I feel very comfortable and I am "as dangerous" as i was before, if not much!! (modestly of course).

Voilà!

I hope these details will help other people and remember HOW snooker is fun to play.

"OO"

Comment

Working...
                              X