Potted White Ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potted White Ball

If I correctly pot the pink ball but the white ball goes in too, how many points does my opponent receive for my foul? Four or six?

What if no reds are on the table anymore, does the pink ball get respotted?

Thanks

pink would get respotted, unless of course you can no lomger win the frame then I'm guessing you wouldn't bother.

6 points to your opponent.

Comment

If you play for any colour worth more than 4 points, you will be fouled however many points that colour is worth.

Comment

Your opponent would receive 6 points (Section 3 Rule 12(a)(vi)). Pink would be re-spotted and the cue ball played from in hand (Section 3, Rule 11(f)). Under current legislation, you cannot concede a frame unless you require penalty points (Section 4, Rule 5 (c)).
        You are only the best on the day you win.

Comment

Originally Posted by DawRef View Post
          Your opponent would receive 6 points (Section 3 Rule 12(a)(vi)). Pink would be re-spotted and the cue ball played from in hand (Section 3, Rule 11(f)). Under current legislation, you cannot concede a frame unless you require penalty points (Section 4, Rule 5 (c)).
          dawfef in dead on, your opponent gets 6 points and the pink get respotted

Comment

What if you play a red ball, go in of with the cue ball and the red hits the black ball?
            WVandeweyer Photography - Trevor White Cues Photo Collection (site)

Comment

Originally Posted by Wimm View Post
              What if you play a red ball, go in of with the cue ball and the red hits the black ball?
              That's no problem. Still 4 points.

The only 'foul' aspect of your shot was the white going in. If the black had continued into a pocket, then there would be another foul - pocketing the black - and that would make it a 7-point penalty.

Comment

Originally Posted by Wimm View Post
                As MasseMaster said

'If you play for any colour worth more than 4 points, you will be fouled however many points that colour is worth.'

Simple as that..., so if you foul on anything involving a red or a colour worth 4 or less points, you opponent will receive four points, if you foul involving a colour worth more than four points, your opponent will score whatever value that colour is.

hope that makes sense for you?

Comment

Working...
                X