X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• perpetualboredom
    replied
    Originally Posted by karlos fandango View Post
    Both buyers off ebay failed to pay for either of the cues...it's happening more and more to be honest...there should be some guarantee that a bidder will pay but that's the chance you take I guess. I sold an Ultimate for him a few years ago when he had no internet access, a guy bidded with seconds to go then suddenly decided he didn't want the cue,after I told him he would be getting reported to ebay he suddenly decided he would have it again...
    There is. Just do a buy it now which requires immediate payment.
    The main reason for sales not going through is sellers (or their mates), winning the auction by bidding it up themselves.
    If you did this at a real auction there are laws in place which mean you'd do time for it - the only way to make ebay legit is for the law to apply the same.

Leave a comment:

• snookerloopylewis
    replied
    Spotted on eBay

Pretty sure I saw the guy pick these cues and cases up from JP a few weeks back when I placed my order.

Leave a comment:

• karlos fandango
    replied
    Originally Posted by rdsalt View Post
    OK that's good, any reason he sold the same cues a few weeks ago an they are now re-listed? Unlucky and unusual for the sales to fall through on both cues.
    Both buyers off ebay failed to pay for either of the cues...it's happening more and more to be honest...there should be some guarantee that a bidder will pay but that's the chance you take I guess. I sold an Ultimate for him a few years ago when he had no internet access, a guy bidded with seconds to go then suddenly decided he didn't want the cue,after I told him he would be getting reported to ebay he suddenly decided he would have it again...

Leave a comment:

• karlos fandango
    replied
    Originally Posted by rob s View Post
    It's not nice when someone says a cue is fake when it isn't ay Karlos. I remember you tried to make out my Parris cue was fake even though it had the right joint, red glue etc but you still told the forum that you thought it was fake with nothing to back it up apart from some marks on a 25 year old badge.
    Sometimes I hate the cue police on here, you should only say something on a public forum if you are sure it is fake and you have some evidence or things on the cue that show it is surely fake. Don't get me wrong sometimes the cue police as I call them have stopped members being ripped off which is commendable and it's even something I have been involved in myself when I stopped a member called Maxz bidding on a fake Parris cue.
    When you called my cue firewood which was extremely rude and completely inaccurate I was genuinely insulted. To be honest I'm glad I managed to not go mad and start raging, my mum (who was 52) passed away very recently in tragic circumstances and the last thing I needed was somebody posting inaccurate incomplete information on the forum. I have always been a reputable buyer and seller on this forum and ebay so it's not nice that your reputation can be tarnished so easily with something that isn't true anyway. I had 1 buyer pull out for a deal at £950 and it was just after you posted what you did on the forum, to be fair he gave a different reason but I'm pretty sure that is why he suddenly withdrew his offer.
    BTW I did an eBay auction with a 99p start and no reserve to let the market decide what it was worth and it sold for £960 so it just shows it definitely isn't firewood.
    I really don't want to argue but I felt I had to say something when I saw you post, perhaps this would have been better to send it through pm
    Sorry for your recent loss..my apologies mate

Leave a comment:

• svendh
    replied
    Both cues are genuine....a mate of mine is selling them
    Sorry didn't want to put somebody off, was just asking the "cue police". I would call jp before buying though to verify the cues are genuine

Leave a comment:

• rdsalt
    replied
    OK that's good, any reason he sold the same cues a few weeks ago an they are now re-listed? Unlucky and unusual for the sales to fall through on both cues.

Leave a comment:

• rob s
    replied
    It's not nice when someone says a cue is fake when it isn't ay Karlos. I remember you tried to make out my Parris cue was fake even though it had the right joint, red glue etc but you still told the forum that you thought it was fake with nothing to back it up apart from some marks on a 25 year old badge.
    Sometimes I hate the cue police on here, you should only say something on a public forum if you are sure it is fake and you have some evidence or things on the cue that show it is surely fake. Don't get me wrong sometimes the cue police as I call them have stopped members being ripped off which is commendable and it's even something I have been involved in myself when I stopped a member called Maxz bidding on a fake Parris cue.
    When you called my cue firewood which was extremely rude and completely inaccurate I was genuinely insulted. To be honest I'm glad I managed to not go mad and start raging, my mum (who was 52) passed away very recently in tragic circumstances and the last thing I needed was somebody posting inaccurate incomplete information on the forum. I have always been a reputable buyer and seller on this forum and ebay so it's not nice that your reputation can be tarnished so easily with something that isn't true anyway. I had 1 buyer pull out for a deal at £950 and it was just after you posted what you did on the forum, to be fair he gave a different reason but I'm pretty sure that is why he suddenly withdrew his offer.
    BTW I did an eBay auction with a 99p start and no reserve to let the market decide what it was worth and it sold for £960 so it just shows it definitely isn't firewood.
    I really don't want to argue but I felt I had to say something when I saw you post, perhaps this would have been better to send it through pm

Leave a comment:

• karlos fandango
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    Originally Posted by rdsalt View Post
    Looks like he sold the same pair of cues and they are now relisted as they have the same numbers 667 and 1300.
    If they are not genuine i would think those buyers who bought them either got them and sent them back as fakes or the buyers thought better of it and cancelled

Leave a comment:

• rdsalt
    replied
    Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    Looks like he sold the pair a couple of months back.
    Looks like he sold the same pair of cues and they are now relisted as they have the same numbers 667 and 1300.

Leave a comment:

• billabong
    replied
    Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    Are you looking at completed listings by the seller
    Not sure Leo, just went into feedback forum, all feedback, then "as seller".

Were is the completed listings bit ?

Leave a comment:

• svendh
    replied
    Surely not, have a look at this one:
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    this one has been up for sale before, terrible photos but to me I think it is ok, what are your thoughts/worries?
    No way could you call that an "Ultimate" shaft !!!

Leave a comment:

• svendh
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    this one has been up for sale before, terrible photos but to me I think it is ok, what are your thoughts/worries?
    Badge seems right but looks a bit like it was fitted after. But I'm no expert could be OK

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    Originally Posted by billabong View Post
    Maybe I'm looking at it wrong. When I go into feedback, and click the "as seller" tab, there's nothing appears.

11 x feedback as a buyer though.
    Are you looking at completed listings by the seller

Leave a comment:

Working...
X