No announcement yet.

What to ask for a John Parris Ultimate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay What to ask for a John Parris Ultimate?

Hi all

I'm trying out a new cue. It's a bit thicker than my old John Parris Ultimate cue and I think it suits me better.
    I'm stuck inbetween a bit whether or not to sell my JP Ultimate. I got it from former world no. 48 Bjorn Haneveer (Belgian ex-professional). He played with it for many years and even made a few maximum breaks with it (1 official at the european amateurs) and I made the tournament high break with it at Pontin's at the European U19's in 2007 (129). So it's definitely not a bad cue! Because of technique issues which led to a change of gripping the cue, it's to thin for me now. Maybe it's a mind thing, but I sincerely start to like my new cue more.

The John Parris Ultimate is a plain ebony 3/4 cue, 57", 8.5mm tip size, 18oz (number 603, around 8 years old)

How much should I ask for the cue? I just made the same cue in the online cue builder of John Parris and they ask 756GBP for the cue + 96,59GBP for the extensions so 852,59GBP in total.

I was thinking at something around 450-500GBP (with a leather used plain black case to go with it). What do you guys think?

Regards

I don't know anything about cues but given the long wait times for John Parris cues, I think 450-500GBP sounds like a bargain.

Comment

You can definately ask for more than 450-500GBP in my opinion. even with an 8.5 mm tip, many others with early numbers such as that have been gone for in excess of 800GBP

Comment

Hi, I am a seriuos collector of this type of Cue. Please send picture's to GMcconnell38@aol.com. Kind Regard's George

Comment

You've got too many nice cues George

But if you need to make some room , i could babysit a few of them for you !
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Kristof135:

I would buy this Ultimate for 500GBP + shipping right now. I have been looking to get an Ultimate at a reasonable price as I have never seen one nor held one at all and this is one that's a bit older as I think the later cues are not as good as the ones with a little age. I have to be honest and say 500 is a very good deal for an Ultimate in reasonable shape.

If you are interested PM me or email 'terrydavidson45(at)gmail(dot)com'.

Terry
            Terry Davidson
            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Kristof135 View Post
              Hi all

I'm trying out a new cue. It's a bit thicker than my old John Parris Ultimate cue and I think it suits me better.
              I'm stuck inbetween a bit whether or not to sell my JP Ultimate. I got it from former world no. 48 Bjorn Haneveer (Belgian ex-professional). He played with it for many years and even made a few maximum breaks with it (1 official at the european amateurs) and I made the tournament high break with it at Pontin's at the European U19's in 2007 (129). So it's definitely not a bad cue! Because of technique issues which led to a change of gripping the cue, it's to thin for me now. Maybe it's a mind thing, but I sincerely start to like my new cue more.

The John Parris Ultimate is a plain ebony 3/4 cue, 57", 8.5mm tip size, 18oz (number 603, around 8 years old)

How much should I ask for the cue? I just made the same cue in the online cue builder of John Parris and they ask 756GBP for the cue + 96,59GBP for the extensions so 852,59GBP in total.

I was thinking at something around 450-500GBP (with a leather used plain black case to go with it). What do you guys think?

Regards
              I think because of its history you should defo ask for more than that, a lot of people ask ridiculous prices for ultimates and other stuff but at least get the price of your new ultimate back, at least you wont be ripping anybody off and think circa £750-800 is a very fair ask
              Craftsman custom made cue
              57 inches
              17 ounces
              9 mil Wooldridge original supertip
              ash shaft plain ebony butt

Comment

It older than 8 years more like 10/11 put it on ebay where more people can view it you have to pay fees
                but they regularly go over £1000.

Comment

Hi I have just messaged you about the cue im after a 8.5 mm pool spec ultimate and happy to pay a reasonable price for it cheers.
                  Last edited by Pascale; 28 February 2014, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys!

I think I'm gonna wait for a few weeks and see how I keep going along with my new cue. In the meantime I'll be open to offers and as soon as I'm sure I'm gonna sell, the highest bidder will get it.

Regards

Comment

Originally Posted by Kristof135 View Post
                      Thanks for the replies guys!

I think I'm gonna wait for a few weeks and see how I keep going along with my new cue. In the meantime I'll be open to offers and as soon as I'm sure I'm gonna sell, the highest bidder will get it.

Regards
                      Best of luck with the new cue, can you access messages as yet.

Cheers

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                        You've got too many nice cues George

But if you need to make some room , i could babysit a few of them for you !
                        Hi Neil, You can never have to many of this type of Cue Hope your well fella:snooker:

Comment

I just heard of Bjorn that he bought it back in 2000. So it's a 14 year old cue in stead of 8 oops
                          Made the max with this cue at the European Amateur Championship in 2003 (Germany).
                          Last edited by Kristof135; 1 March 2014, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Here are some pictures

Regards

plaatje.jpgvolledige.jpgnerven.jpgtip.jpgcasedicht.jpg

Comment

caseopen.jpgstickers.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X