Steve Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Davis

Just heard Steve Davis mention that John Higgins is using a Japanese layered tip as opposed to other pros as they prefer to use American 1 piece tips...that's a couple of times that Steve has mentioned that John is using these tips...is he on commission ?.
    Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

I think he's just being interesting

Comment

I do not recall Steve Davis say other pros prefer American tips. He mentioned that Higgens was using a different tip to Lee and that it was a very hard tip. He mentioned that American tips do not last as long as the tip Higgines is using.

Comment

Originally Posted by Acrowot View Post
        I do not recall Steve Davis say other pros prefer American tips. He mentioned that Higgens was using a different tip to Lee and that it was a very hard tip. He mentioned that American tips do not last as long as the tip Higgines is using.
        He mentioned it erlier in the match..what you are speaking about was the second time in 20mins that he was speaking about the tips..he also said that the tips was alot dearer..
        Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

He probably was on a commission, as he uses the same tip as JH. Apparantly, both are using a Kamui Medium hard. They are one of the hardest tips (for snooker, not pool) available. I use them, and think they are brilliant, but that is my opinion.

In terms of price, they are more expensive. A lot more than pressed tips such as Blue Diamond or Elkmasters. They are a bit more expensive than other layered tips such as Talisman/moori. The Kamuis are normally around £9-£12 each, depending where you get them from.
          If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Working...
          X