Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cue tip compressor.. Has anyone had exp. of using one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue tip compressor.. Has anyone had exp. of using one?

Like the title says.. Has anyone used one? Thoughts?

Talked about all the time, you not been on here lately

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      Talked about all the time, you not been on here lately
      LOL, aye. I'll have a look around.. Thanks for the heads up

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...t=44316&page=3 ( just in case anyone wonders where the main thread on these things was ) lol
      Last edited by Inoffthered; 21 June 2014, 09:35 AM. Reason: Added thread link.

Comment

Buy a "quick-grip" clamp out of B&Q. Under a score. The very dab. Or just go to a laminated tip.

Comment

I always use one - swear by them - bought mine from china but craftsman do one too - saves time bedding in a tip and they keep their shape better and last longer.

Comment

I bought some Robin Scott pressed tips, and fancied trying one in a tip press, so bought one off eBay but I couldn't get the tip any smaller, don't know if the press is a waste of time or if the tips are just perfect, I really really like the tips, and from my point of view they are better than MW pressed tips.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I will say i tried a tip in one the other day the bloke behind the bar sold it as "Blue diamond" later found out it was one of those cheapies from bce, point of my story the tip when press for some reason flattened top end wider than the lower, i got two so tried another and exactly the same happened so i would say some of the pressed tip's may not be suitable for pressing

Comment

Personally i think if you have to muck about squashing tips, then you are buying the wrong one's to start with !!!

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                  Personally i think if you have to muck about squashing tips, then you are buying the wrong one's to start with !!!
                  Could be a fair point there JRC , I reckon the tip would have to be really soft to be able to press it. No good for MWs or the Robin Scott's , or possibly even a good elk, but could get the softer elks into decent shape.
                  Luke sounds like the tip may have moved and you may have had all the pressure on one side. Did you get the domed one or the flat press?
                  Last edited by itsnoteasy; 22 June 2014, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                    Could be a fair point there JRC , I reckon the tip would have to be really soft to be able to press it. No good for MWs or the Robin Scott's , or possibly even a good elk, but could get the softer elks into decent shape.
                    Luke sounds like the tip may have moved and you may have had all the pressure on one side. Did you get the domed one or the flat press?

I've got the domed one, it hasn't done it to any other make's of tip apart from that cheap bce one, i stand by what I've been saying for age's a nice soft elk pressed is as good as it get's.

Comment

Aye just sounds like a bad tip.

Comment

Originally Posted by luke-h View Post
                        i stand by what I've been saying for age's a nice soft elk pressed is as good as it get's.
                        Aye. That's kinda where I am too ( and a MW Supertip ).

Comment

Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post
                          Aye. That's kinda where I am too ( and a MW Supertip ).

Haven't tried a supertip as of yet, may get one and see what they are like.

Comment

Most important thing in my re-tipping kit along with the gel superglue ,Stanley knife blade and sandpaper lol.

Comment

Originally Posted by 147alltheway View Post
                              Most important thing in my re-tipping kit along with the gel superglue ,Stanley knife blade and sandpaper lol.

+1 mine is superglue gel, mini wood file scalpel and emery boards, oh and some fine micro-mesh

Comment

Working...
                              X