Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying a snooker cue

hello everyone,
    I know pretty much nothing about snooker cues because i've been playing only 9ball, but I'd like to invest about 80-90 pounds in a snooker cue.
    Which makers can you recommend, cue length, weight, nr of parts (3/4, 2, etc), cue tip size, etc

thanks

I posted an almost identical thread to this a few days ago and was advised by a lot of people to get a good second hand cue rather than spend that amount on a new cue;

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ad.php?t=15723

However, after a bit of research, I've found that Craftsman are probably the best manufacturer within my price range if I want to buy brand new. On their website, they have a few cues for that sort of price range but they're currently out of stock at the moment. I'm waiting for someone to email me letting me know when they'll be back in.

I'm sure other people will help you out with other specifications such as length, tip size, etc.

Comment

Originally Posted by lkomarci View Post
      hello everyone,
      I know pretty much nothing about snooker cues because i've been playing only 9ball, but I'd like to invest about 80-90 pounds in a snooker cue.
      Which makers can you recommend, cue length, weight, nr of parts (3/4, 2, etc), cue tip size, etc

thanks
      Hi there,
      A mate of mine just bought a cue from Craftsman Cues in Leeds for £85 and the quality is very good for the price.
      Id recommend 57"-58" about 9.5mm tip. Between 16oz-20oz. Depends on you really and for the parts 3/4 & 2pc are easier to store than a 1pc. Probably be best going somewhere and having a knock with a few different cues.

Comment

Look at newitts.com, they seem to do the same cues as everyone else but around 20% less!!

They have a couple of excellent deals on Peradon cues too, Century 3/4 at only £60 or theKing at £121.

Comment

if you play 9 ball pool, i wouldn't reccomend using a snooker cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerloopy_08 View Post
            if you play 9 ball pool, i wouldn't reccomend using a snooker cue.
            yes i play 9ball, but i've started playing snooker just recently, and the cues i play with in the club are just horrible. They're not smooth so it really irritates skin on my forefinger and its hard to produce precise shots.

Comment

i've been checking out cues on this site, it's cuecraft. but what the hell do i know

http://www.cuepower.co.uk/categories...oker_cues.html

Comment

Craftsman cues

i would go for a craftsman cue as really good quality for the price. The victor cue is a good price at £59!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by lloydjenks View Post
                  i would go for a craftsman cue as really good quality for the price. The victor cue is a good price at £59!!!
                  I second that as I have a Viktor cue from them. Not the best, but very good for the money. Chopped mine down to 53" recently though to experiment with length, and its a tad short but still playable.

Comment

Working...
                  X